15th August 2017, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

What is integrated PhD program in Ecological Science and benefits of it? Can I take an integrated PhD program and M.Sc separately?

I have complete B.Sc Biology from IISC and now want to do Integrated PhD program in Ecological Science. I am very interested for having a PhD in Ecological Science. Please tell me what is a Integrated PhD program and what are the benefits of it? Can I take a Integrated PhD program and M.Sc separately?

Related Questions:
  1. What is Integrated PhD? Duration of Integrated PhD? is it more preferable then doing MSc and PhD separately? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Difference between PhD and Integrated PhD program?
  3. Where can I apply to do PhD or Integrated PhD having 96 percentile and 376 AIR in GATE?
  4. What is integrated PhD? Difference between M.Sc, PhD and integrated PhD?
  5. Criteria for joining integrated phd (astro physics)? Colleges for integrated phd (astro physics) in Bangalore?
  6. Is it good to opt for Ph.D integrated course in chemistry?
  7. What is the eligibility criteria and syllabus for JEST Physics?
  8. IGNOU offers Integrated PhD in Physics/Astrophysics program for M.Sc 1st semester student?
  9. Is Phd preferable over M.Sc and then PhD? Colleges offering integrated PhD in Mumbai?
  10. What is the difference between PhD and Integrated PhD courses? Course duration of Integrated PhD?
  11. List of institutes which offer Integrated PhD course to a candidate who has secured 37 rank in GATE(Life Science)?
  12. Procedure to apply for Integrated PhD in Life Science course in USA and India?
  13. List of colleges providing integrated Ph.D in microbiology after completion of B.Sc?
  14. Integrated PhD has more value than PhD done after M.Sc? Duration of course and good universities for it?
  15. List of top universities which provides M.Sc Ph.D integrated course?
  16. Is it possible to do M.Sc again as a part of integrated PhD?
  17. Detailed procedure to study Integrated PhD program from a recognized university for MBA(Finance) 2nd year student?
  18. What are the benefits of studying PhD program? -- [New]
16th August 2017, 11:47 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is integrated PhD program in Ecological Science and benefits of it? Can I take an integrated PhD program and M.Sc separately?

No, you cannot take integrated Ph.D program and M.Sc course simultaneously as if you apply for integrated Ph.D course, there only you will study your M.Sc course as well as Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Bachelors degree in a particular field from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the integrated Ph.D course.
The duration of the integrated course of Ph.D is around 2+5 years of span.
It is better scope to opt integrated course where you can complete your Ph.D course as well.
18th August 2017, 06:45 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is integrated PhD program in Ecological Science and benefits of it? Can I take an integrated PhD program and M.Sc separately?

A candidate who have completed bachelors degree in a particular subject/branch with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks is eligible to apply for integrated PhD in a respective branch/subject, which is a combination programme which starts with a comprehensive Masters degree programme followed by a research programme (PhD).
There is no such difference in the recognition of PhD done through integrated way or done in separate way.
The integrated PhD programme has been designed to reduce the unnecessary academic period for deserving candidates.
No, you can't opt for integrated PhD programme and M.Sc separately, you can either opt of integrated PhD or PhD after completion of M.Sc.
18th August 2017, 10:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Integrated Ph.D programmes give admission in a 5 years course, which is available to graduates. In this way, you don't need to complete masters to get admission in Ph.D.

Admission is mostly based on the performance in the written exam and interview conducted by the concerned institute or university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?