8th May 2015, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

What is the minimum qualification required to do Ph.D?

What is the minimum qualification required to do Ph.D? I have completed MBA course. So, am I eligible to apply for Ph.D now? or sometime later? Can you please guide me with the information to do Ph.D successfully? Hoping that someone would reply me back!

8th May 2015, 08:07 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification required to do Ph.D?

Minimum Qualification Required to do Ph.D:

@ The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for doing Ph.D is "Master's Degree" or Post Graduation course in any discipline from a recognized university.

@ Candidates must have secured minimum 55% marks in their Post Graduation course to be eligible for doing Ph.D

@ Since you have passed MBA course, you are certainly eligible to pursue Ph.D course and must have passed PG with minimum 55% marks.

@ You are required to attend UGC NET/ JRF Entrance Examination to get admission in Research courses.

@ If you qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship, you are eligible to pursue research work in the subject of your Post Graduation.
8th May 2015, 10:49 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

The minimum educational qualification required to get admission in Ph.D course shall normally be a Master's degree or M.Phil degree from any accredited Indian University in the relevant field. Since, you have completed Master's degree course i.e., MBA course from a recognised university, you can apply for Ph.D course.
8th May 2015, 10:57 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the minimum qualification required to do Ph.D? I have completed MBA course. So, am I eligible to apply for Ph.D now? or sometime later? Can you please guide me with the information to do Ph.D successfully? Hoping that someone would reply me back!
Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D course because you have completed MBA degree.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
8th May 2015, 03:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required for Ph.D admission is Master's degree with at least 55% marks in a relevant discipline from a recognized University. For reserved category there is relaxation of 5% marks according to government rules.

You have to apply according to the notification released by the University. You have to appear for entrance exam and interview for admission. If you have NET/SLET/GATE/JRF score then you don't have to appear for entrance exam stage. Therefore, just wait for the notification and apply according to it.
8th May 2015, 06:20 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

There are many types of PhD courses, the education qualification requirement varies from one course to another course. To apply for any Ph.D course, candidate should have completed Master's degree in relevant field or in the stream, which was specified by university. So, we can tell you the exact qualification requirement only if you can specify PhD course. And I can tell you that, you are eligible to pursue some PhD courses, as a candidate who have completed MBA. Following are some of the PhD courses after MBA.
->PhD in Business
->PhD in management
->PhD in Marketing
->PhD in Economics
11th August 2015, 08:54 AM
sai215

Re: What is the minimum qualification required to do Ph.D?

Eligibility Criteria :----------

Candidates must complete Master's Degree/ Post Graduation course in any discipline from a recognized university
Candidates minimum 55% marks in their post graduation course to be eligible for doing Ph.D
You are write entrance exams like UGC NET /JRF/GATE to get a admission in Research coursers
So you can apply for Ph.D course
all the best......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?