20th April 2015, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure and steps to be followed for doing Ph.D in USA?

Hi,

I did my MCA(Masters of computer science) from India, now I have come to USA and wants to pursue for Phd, please tell me what is the procedure? How to ensure that I will do and complete Ph.D course in USA? Really need your guidance to move forward.

21st April 2015, 06:56 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure and steps to be followed for doing Ph.D in USA?

To pursue Ph.D course in USA, first you need to complete GRE and TOEFL/IELTS exams, because most of the Americian offers admission on the basis of these exam scores. After completing these exams, you should select some universities, in which you to apply for admission and you should send your application and required documents to those universities through online or via courier. Then the universities will review your academic profile and will you send you an admission letter, if your profile meets university admission requirements.

Required Documents:-
->Statement of Purpose
->3 Recommendation Letters
->Resume
->2 sets of official transcripts
->GRE and IELTS/TOEFL score
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?