2nd August 2015, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualifications required to do Ph.D course?

I want to do phd but i want details that for doing phd what qualifications we should have? Is everyone eligible to do the Ph.D course or only some are allowed to do it? Can someone please let me know the answer on this soon as possible?

Thanks!

3rd August 2015, 10:39 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualifications required to do Ph.D course?

Minimum Educational Qualification required to do Ph.D:

Candidates who are willing to do their Ph.D in concerned discipline must have completed Master's Degree or Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) course from a recognized university. Candidates who completed their Masters Degree from any accredited Foreign or Indian University in the relevant stream. Candidates who ever meet the required mentioned criteria only are eligible to do Ph.D course.

Desirable percentages required:

>> For M.Phil Candidate - minimum 50% marks or its equivalent

>> For Master's Degree completed candidate - Minimum 55% marks or its equivalent

>> Candidates must have secured minimum 60% marks at all academic levels shall be desirable.

>> Candidates from M.E/ M.Tech/ M.S stream in the relevant disciplines with excellent academic record with minimum CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale or its equivalent.
3rd August 2015, 10:55 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Qualifications required to do Ph.D:

Candidates who have passed Master's degree from any recognised university are eligible to do Ph.D course.

Yes, everyone who has done Master's degree are eligible to do Ph.D. Universities give admission on the basis of marks in Master degree. Every university has its own cut-off.
3rd August 2015, 12:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do phd but i want details that for doing phd what qualifications we should have? Is everyone eligible to do the Ph.D course or only some are allowed to do it? Can someone please let me know the answer on this soon as possible?

Thanks!
Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria.

You must have valid GATE, UGC NET, CSIR NET etc score.
3rd August 2015, 05:17 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

If you want to apply for Ph.D, you should however fulfill the following below mentioned criterias;

1. You need to have a PG qualification with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized University.

2. You will have to clear NET/SLET/JRF/GATE exam.

However, students having qualified in the above mentioned examination will be entitled for direct interview without appearing for any entrance examination.

Most of the Institutes conducts their own entrance examination in order to allow admission to candidates for Ph.D course, therefore if you do not have the above mentioned examinations score, you will probably have to appear for the entrance examination of the prospective Institute.

After having scored well in your entrance examination with good marks, you will be probably called for an Interview for admission.
5th August 2015, 12:32 AM
crystalpellitier

Candidates who have completed their Masters in their particular discipline with minium (Aboove 55%)percentage are eligible to do Phd.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?