23rd March 2016, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Whether a B.Tech 6th semester student is eligible to study Integrated PhD through GATE/CSIR-NET?

Sir,
My son is in his 6th Semester of B.Tech(Biotechnology). He intends to do Research. Should he complete his M.Tech or could he opt for Integrated PhD? Is it useful? Does it have the same value as of PhD? What are the exams to
be taken for this? After GATE or CSIR-NET is he eligible to get admission for
Integrated PhD? Please guide me.

Related Questions:
  1. B.Tech (Biotechnology ) student is eligible for Integrated PhD? Does it have same value as of PhD?
  2. Am I eligible to apply in CSIR-NET to study PhD in Pharmaceutics being a Integrated M.Sc(Pharmaceutical Chemistry) candidate?
  3. For which companies am I eligible after scoring 76.27 in B.Tech upto 6th semester?
  4. What is Integrated PhD? Duration of Integrated PhD? is it more preferable then doing MSc and PhD separately? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am I eligible to study Integrated PhD in Bioinformatics being a B.Sc 3rd year student?
  6. Will I get a seat for PSC or WBSC exam after passing IAMB? I am a 6th semester student
  7. Can I give UGC NET Exam for Computer Science branch being a candidate of pursuing Integrated M.Tech in 6th semester?
  8. PhD after 5 year integrated M.Sc. course
  9. Am I eligible to study Integrated PhD in Zoology being a B.Sc(Zoology) student? List of colleges in India?
  10. Eligibility for integrated PhD? Can I pursue PhD directly after B.Tech? Colleges which provides PhD directly after B.Tech?
  11. Am I eligible to study Integrated PhD after completion of B.Sc(Mathematics)?
  12. What is integrated PhD? Difference between M.Sc, PhD and integrated PhD?
  13. Criteria for joining integrated phd (astro physics)? Colleges for integrated phd (astro physics) in Bangalore?
  14. Industrial Training Programme in Rajasthan for B.Tech(ECE) 6th semester student?
  15. IGNOU (IPHDAP) is eligible for NET or not?
  16. What is the eligibility criteria to apply for integrated Ph.D course?
  17. Chances to study Integrated PhD in Botany for B.Sc Honours student?
  18. Integrated PhD has more value than PhD done after M.Sc? Duration of course and good universities for it?
24th March 2016, 07:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a B.Tech 6th semester student is eligible to study Integrated PhD through GATE/CSIR-NET?

Ph.D is available through GATE for B.Tech candidates. There is no need to go for M.Tech if you have qualified exams like GATE or CSIR NET.

No need to go for integrated Ph.D programme. You will be eligible for Ph.D directly on the basis of your B.Tech degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?