View Poll Results: Govt. Job vs. Private Sector Job

Government Job 383 77.06%
Private Sector Job 114 22.94%
Voters: 497. You may not vote on this poll

16th October 2010, 08:37 PM
shreyasriv

Default Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

On one hand private sector is good.They grow our skills but government not.
On other hand ,private sector is not good because there is no time for rest,busy in working but government has.

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any possibility for me to get a good private sector job after having experience with Government job?
  2. Best option between government job and private job?
  3. List of career opportunities available for a B.Tech graduate in Petroleum engineering from school of Petroleum technology Gandhinagar? I've secured CPI 5.75
  4. What would be best for me after passing MCA, Government or Private Sector?
  5. What are the job opportunities available for a fashion designer in both private and government sector?
  6. Can I go with the government job or change to private sector job?
  7. What is the different of salary we will get in private jobs and government jobs? What is the scope for both sectors?
  8. Where should I opt for job among Government and Private Sectors after completion of B.Sc(Sericulture)? Job opportunities in Government sector? -- [New]
  9. Job in government sector or private sector after GNM in private?
  10. Can I get government job after 12 years of IT experience in private sector?
  11. Which sector is better for government job or private job? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I get a job in government sector after scoring 72% in B.E? What is the available scope in private sector?
  13. Should I prepare for government job or take of freshers job in private sector?
  14. Government/Public sector job after completing MCA with 1 year experience in private IT sector?
  15. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  16. Jobs available in Karnataka for Biotechnology Engineers?
  17. What are the career options after LLB?
  18. Job opportunities in Private/Government sector for a B.Sc Agriculture graduate?
17th October 2010, 03:23 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Undoubtely, i will prefer government jobs because it will be secure for my future.Even the pacakage is same or even better compared to private jobs,especially after 6th pay commission.In private,there lies no security,our future is uncertain to an extent.government jobs are definitely safe and better.
17th October 2010, 06:56 PM
seshukumari

Private sector job will be benificial for us. I think.
18th October 2010, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

I prefer gov job as money is not important than a healthy life.Private job is not secure at all.
20th October 2010, 08:12 PM
bikenindia

I would rather go for Government Job because in the present scenario, working in a private sector is not at all secure as economic crisis is going on. But in government sector, our job is secure and we can get lots and lots of facilities from it. Example, pension scheme. Also, we can feel proud that we are serving our country with our own sweat. Government job is permanent whereas Private sector job is temporary.
20th October 2010, 08:13 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

In present scenario, wecan see that value of govt job is decreasing as compared to back 10-20 years.
Most people opt for govt ,..thiking of job security ... but actually after they get job they become lazy , dont work and still get salary on the other hand in private sector work is upto time and precise and satisfactory.
thats why private sector is booming.

In and all , i want to say that if u really want job security..make urself competitve enough ..so that u can stay in among bright people... job security will follow itself.
20th October 2010, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

i am student because govt jobs are preffered over private sector good income my name sumair
21st October 2010, 01:25 PM
Bebith

government job is a good one....because this one give a guarantee to our job ,, but in private sector anything happen in anytime.. and in govt job lot of enjoyment and freefull moments there .. working time is very less in govt jobs compared to private sector jobs
23rd October 2010, 02:58 AM
professor.singh

goverment is more secure then private......

it was observed recently.. when
recession hit us.......

making a choise in this context is complex. But,

all over people need a secure and stable job......

if private can provide this...... why not join private sector......
23rd October 2010, 11:17 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Talking Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

I would always prefer government job over private because government job is secure and it is a stable job.
Stable in the sence of time management, privelage, facilities and miscellaneous perks.
28th October 2010, 06:37 PM
babydoll

Hi!
Well this very difficult to say whether a government job is better or private sector job is better. Both the sectors were good in their respective values.
but finally i choose private sectors jobs because in private sectors job the rate of grow is high that is you can grow quickly on the other hand in govt. sectors jobs if you get a post you have to wait for the promotion.
So for becoming rich or getting good money you must choose the private jobs.
30th October 2010, 04:34 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,
I like private sector as it is more disciplined and growth-oriented than govt. sector.
People have these things in mind while choosing their career
Private job: More money/growth and more hard work.
govt. job: Less money, but high quality of life.
1st November 2010, 11:32 AM
ramesh nair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Which one do you prefer? A govt sector job or private sector job?
I would prefer a govt. job since it will empower me to positively affect
my fellow countrymen,to the extent possible and at the same time safe-
guard financial stability for myself by ensuring a fair salary as well as a
pension after retirement.
2nd November 2010, 06:57 PM
Gaurav.jain88

I prefer govt. job as compare to private jobs because of stability.
But the seats in govt jobs are very few and also distributed in different category.
Although the money in private jobs is higher as compare to govt job.
but lack of stability and there is a lot of work you have to do and you have to do overtime to complete the assigned work.
5th November 2010, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

i am a high placed govt officer.
govt. jobs positives are-security, leaves,perks ,reasonably good pay

negatives- corrupt system(u cant change it, makes u static)
ur personal innovativeness is not liked(in the long run, it harms u as a person)

5th November 2010, 01:49 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

If you are a hard-working, ambitious & want to make money quick .
Adv:i think private always search and improve talent that means good talent food money but there is a risk of job security in private jobs.

But if you want to serve the country there is armed forces and other fields & to have a secured job then it's definitely the Govt. job But Salary increment process is slow, but after the implementation of 6th pay commission it is now very much competitive to private sector in the sense of earning money.
disadvantage is you will became Dumbo...no improvement in talent....
9th November 2010, 03:57 AM
Unregistered

I am getting 30,000 /- per month in a MNC job... also got offer 12,000 /- per month in Gvt Job. What should I do now????

11th November 2010, 03:12 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Govt. jobs are much better than private jobs because of the reasons like:
Job security
Good income
Fix time job
Fix holiday
Extra facility
All these thing are laging in private sector.
11th November 2010, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

i done my MCA now working in a govt org i am confused whether to stay here or go for an IT job please help
12th November 2010, 05:09 PM
neethubobby

govt job provides a lot of security w.rt 2 ur job,whereas private job s where you can earn in bounds..well both are gud.check out where you fit in
12th November 2010, 11:24 PM
divyanshsinghvi21

Exclamation Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

Quote:
in long run govt. jobs are better than private jobs.as it have secured money and designation.no one can remove you from govt. jobs
14th November 2010, 12:17 PM
Vikram Naik

Nowadays we can see that there is very less compitation between govt sectors and private sectors. People are flocking or rushing to get jobs in private companies since the paycheck is higher and companies notified.
We can also see it clearly that private sector in India is increasing so rapidly that even govt is not willing to compitate even it has huge amount of money.
People must understand what are the needs to develop the country... we can say for a country to be developed it must have a very high matrix reading in both private sectors as well as govt sectors.
Now, presently its like private sectors are taking care of the country and running the govt and the govt is quarrelling among themselves to fill their belly.
I request everyone atleast for one year that you join the govt sector, do public service and bring our country to a higher position.
15th November 2010, 09:37 PM
Rasmita...

Quote:
according to me govt jop are more better than private job.i think in private jobs we get more salary to get that we hv to work hard..bt d govt gv us a lots of facility during our carrier..aftr d retirement d person cn get pension..which mk his lif more smother nd tension free............rasmita
16th November 2010, 11:30 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

a govt job should be preffered because compared to private sector you have less stress and the job is reliable

let it be under central government or state government you can have a number of facilities like holidays,canteen..etc
16th November 2010, 02:45 PM
lakveldi

Government job is security for people than private job.In private job if u r selected they will take if they do not want u they will reject simply.but in government job once u r appointed u can work until u retired.
17th November 2010, 05:24 AM
avinash0094

the government job is best for all because in this there is a limited work and many discipline but in private job there is no limit of work. so i like government job.
20th November 2010, 12:22 AM
sonu.mca

My choice is private job..Ofcourse it is challenging and insecure.. But incase of govt jobs...we come across so many people sitting lazily in the office..not responding to the problems.etc... Their recklessness is due to the confidence they have that there will be no prblem to there jobs nd their salaries.. But in private jobs we need to be very active and attentive.. In a fear of loosing the job, we will work better using our fullest strengths...and also we an have a global exposure... thats the reason for my choice
20th November 2010, 04:48 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

easy increment in salary in private jobs.
yeah its not too safe but.
in government you have bond with it,
if you have to work for the limited span of years only.
21st November 2010, 09:50 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Smile Government job vs Private sector job?

Goverment jobs are more preferable than private one for everyone, private job like IT sector has a huge amount of salary but there are less secure...

Others private organisation has also a handsome stipend, but in case of sequrity i prefer goverment survice...
23rd November 2010, 06:54 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

I think goverment job,because goverment job is able to get a career secuurity where as private job has also a handsome salary,thare has no security as well as there has a professional compitition and a huge pressuer of project.
23rd November 2010, 09:52 PM
hbk_piyushjain

Private sectors provide good salary and you learn a lot of things which lead to your growth. But also risk is involved in Private Sector but if you are ready to work hard then Private Sector is better.
26th November 2010, 03:43 PM
dency

I prefer govenrment job only because kob securence is in government job than private one.
27th November 2010, 06:01 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

Quote:
It is not good to compare GOVERNMENT JOB with PRIVATE JOB as both have their importance and speciality. Government jobs offers a bit less salary but it is much more secure than any private job and that's the reason why we face a huge competition to get a simple government job. for society also it is a royal job.
on the other hand private jobs offers good salary packages and is good for a sincere and hard working man .it offers less security as compared to Government jobs.
28th November 2010, 10:24 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

I purely prefer Government job.Because i need satisfaction and not salary.

Most of the persons just by the attraction of high salaries and some other benefits, simply they will go and join. Later on, They were subjected to so many harassments and missing of personal life enjoyments. I have so many my friends in this way.

myself i will prefer government job.
29th November 2010, 08:29 AM
sukhvinder_tm

Thanks Gentlemen for your honest feedback. I also think that PSU provide a safer career but moving from Pvt Sector to Public Sector after some time causes hesistations. Anyway it is never too late to move to point of equilibrium even though you may be paid less. You can't compare high salaries with the life time benefits you get in PSUs like respect in society, secure future for parents, wife and children, time to spend with family, less tension.

Also I would say initially you may get less but by the time you spend in PSUs you get both money as well as power which is never the case in MNCs. A small ammount of money can be put on stake to get all these.
1st December 2010, 08:33 PM
rahul_kumar066

For being safe ,comfortable,improving social status you could join gov. sector if you are able to do so
For being wealthy you could join pvt. sector as in private sector more financial facility is given than gov. sector
2nd December 2010, 07:46 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Private job provides high salaries but still i will go for government job as it provides much more security and power. also status of government job in society is better than private job. you feel prowd doing these jobs.
3rd December 2010, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

any job is great as long as u enjoy it
5th December 2010, 07:19 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

yes i prefer govt sector job

as private sector remains no longer which we have seen already in the previous recision session we cant believe the private sector right i never believe it

so i will definitely prefer the govt sector which is safe for my career

even though the salaries are low ..

thanks for giving me the opportunity to share these words
6th December 2010, 07:05 PM
ramakant sharma

i would like to prefer private sector job though there are many cautions in it but private sector job always emphasis a man to work hard work for his best due to which the employee always tries to make his domain as perfect as he can make .... and this some time makes history . in todays era also knowledge is above of rest things and private jobs compiles one or filtrate the real knowledge.
12th December 2010, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

any disadvantage of govt jobs rather than this........?
15th December 2010, 04:30 AM
Swaminathan077

hello,

GOVT. jobs because:

job security

work load is less

comfort

good day
16th December 2010, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

i think both job is better in there place but for me govt job is better then private job .govt job sequire
our future and no worries. but pvt job also good bcoz is give us more apportunity to do some thing new
16th December 2010, 03:48 PM
juniorravik1214
Banned

jobs of both types are good. government job provides security and facilities but less salary on the otherhand private jobs are known for high salary but you need to work more.
16th December 2010, 03:49 PM
juniorravik1214
Banned

jobs of both types are good. government job provides security and facilities but less salary on the otherhand private jobs are known for high salary but you need to work more.so it depends upon you -which one to choose.
19th December 2010, 02:42 PM
nishant1110

Government job is good, because you get good salary + job security + perks. Like a government doctor never needs to purchase any medicine, of his own specialty or otherwise, because all drugs can be taken from hospital free.
23rd December 2010, 04:20 PM
mdtareque

I think Govt. jobs are better .. same reasons as mentinoed by everyone ...........
24th December 2010, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

i think govt. job is best. no work tension.job security. good income.holidays and facility.
24th December 2010, 09:35 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by srilucky View Post
i need government job plz help me i completed btech
regular read employment news all government jobs advertisement are publish there,just read and apply.

All the best.
30th December 2010, 12:45 AM
sdeepika.b

yes there were many advantages over private jobs. But, My interest mainly concerns on private sector jobs . The reason is I questioned to answer is they actually corrupt and the projects they take were not serious. This was i felt. for example the roads.
why many give preference to private schools inspite of Govt. schools?
and coming to jobs Govt. jobs!
this was what I felt regarding job opportunities. I agree various jobs related to GOVT are advantageous
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?