31st March 2015, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET/SET exam after completion of Post Graduation course from Vinayaka Mission University, Tamil Nadu?

If I complete my post graduation from Vinyaka Mission University of Tamil nadu whether I am eligible to appear for net set exam. Please let me know the valid university for net set exam as I am not sure about any of the information on the same.

Related Questions:
  1. Is Vinayaka Mission University Salem Tamilnadu recognized by UGC?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for MAT and SNAP Exams after completion of B.Sc IT from Vinayaka Mission University?
  3. Is Vinayaka Mission University(Tamilnadu) UGC recognized?
  4. Vinayaka Mission University, Salem is approved by AICTE?
  5. Vinayaka mission university Tamilnadu for distance education license has been cancelled or not?
  6. Which course may I select after finishing bachelor of physiotherapy degree?
  7. List of colleges for doing M.Sc. and M.Phil. in computer science? Can I do Ph.D. just after B.Sc. in computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Am I eligible to attend KPC examination after completing PG in mathematics from Tamilnadu University?
  9. Which are the good colleges for nanotechnology in Tamilnadu? What is the fee structure?
  10. How to go for Mechatronics course? Colleges providing the course and what is the qualification criteria for admission? Fee structure and the future scope for the course?
  11. Is M.Sc. (IT) degree through correspondence, approved by AICTE?
  12. Is Vinayaka University approved from UGC?
  13. Best and affordable Medical colleges to pursue MBBS?
  14. Can I get Indian government job if pursuing M.Sc through distance mode?
  15. How to do M.phil in microbiology? I have done MD in Microbiology
  16. Will I get any self financing medical college affiliated to MIC in Tamilnadu after scoring a medical cutoff of 188.0? List of colleges in which I can get?
  17. Can I appear in UPSC exam after completion of graduation from Swami Vivekananda University
  18. Can I appear for UPSC exam after completion of graduation from Swami Vivekananda University
31st March 2015, 11:38 AM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET/SET exam after completion of Post Graduation course from Vinayaka Mission University, Tamil Nadu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If I complete my post graduation from Vinyaka Mission University of Tamil nadu whether I am eligible to appear for net set exam. Please let me know the valid university for net set exam as I am not sure about any of the information on the same.
You are eligible to apply for UGC NET(National Eligibility test)/
SET (State eligibility test) as you have done post graduation from Vinyaka Mission University of Tamil nadu.

NET Exams are conducted by University Grants Commission twice a year in June and December .

NET/SET exam scheme:-

You will have to answer three papers namely

>>Paper I

>>Paper II

>>Paper III

There is no negative marking.

You can apply online through the website www.ugcnetonline.in
1st April 2015, 10:04 AM
s m samy
Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET/SET exam after completion of Post Graduation course from Vinayaka Mission University, Tamil Nadu?

Yes, you are eligible for UGC-NET.

UGC NET is conducted mainly to recruit research assistants and professors in various streams of education.

Qualifying examinations for UGC-NET

The basic eligibility for appearing in UGC-NET exam is a Master degree or equivalent in related subjects. You must have a minimum of 55% (54.99% is not eligible) in this.

Age Qualification for UGC-NET

The candidates appearing for JRF should not be above 28 years of age. The candidates appearing only for lectureship have no upper age limit. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped.

Subjects for NET Examination:- http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/syllabus.html

Exam pattern for UGC-NET

Paper 1

It will contain 60 questions. You will have to attempt only 50.
Total marks of this exam will be 100.
Total time duration for this exam will be 1 hours and 20 minutes.

Paper 2

It will contain 50 questions. All questions are compulsory.
Total marks of this exam will be 100.
Total time duration for this exam will be 1 hours and 20 minutes.

Paper 3

It will contain 75 questions. All questions are compulsory.
Total marks of this exam will be 150.
Total time duration for this exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.

1st April 2015, 12:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed post graduation degree from Vinayaka Mission University so you are eligible for NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Marks distribution for each papers of NET Exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)

For more details about NET exam click on the official link http://www.ugc.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?