31st March 2015, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give the SET exam in Andhra Pradesh with 55% marks in Post graduation?

I got fifty percent marks in graduation, I got fifty five percent marks in post graduation can i give SET ,am i eligible for the post of A.P.? Can someone tell me what is the minimum eligibility criteria required for the SET exam? Awaiting for a quicker reply soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Universities for correspondence B.Ed after B.Com through distance learning?
  2. Colleges which provide B.Tech admission after scoring 968 marks in 12th?
  3. Am I eligible to apply in AIPGMEE if completed Schooling in Andhra Pradesh and MBBS from Tamil Nadu?
  4. List of colleges offering M.Sc course with Microbiology stream through correspondence in Guntur?
  5. Am I eligible to write KCET Exam having completed 10th, 11th and 12th in Andhra Pradesh and being a resident of Andhra Pradesh?
  6. Am I eligible to take KCET Exam having completed 12th class in Andhra Pradesh and born in Andhra Pradesh but my mother born in Karnataka?
  7. Am I eligible for KAS Exam having completed my 10th in PUC in Karnataka but Graduation in Andhra Pradesh?
  8. Andhra Pradesh state is getting exemption from participating in NEET?
  9. Can I give EAMCET exam if I am from Chhatisgarh state?
  10. When will exam for drug inspector be held in Andhra Pradesh? How may I get the previous years question papers for the same?
  11. List of institutions recognized by ICFAI Hyderabad? How may I get details about autonomous institutes?
  12. Am I eligible for Bank Probationary after scoring 47% marks in Graduation and 62% marks in PG?
  13. Eligibility criteria for APPSC(Andhra Pradesh) Group I and Group II entrance exam? Is my son eligible if he passed his intermediate with 57% and going for BCA graduation in Hyderabad? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. In which entrance exam I have to appear for doing Diploma in Computer Science Engineering in Andhra Pradesh?
  15. Best course in Post Graduation after the completion of B.Sc. in MLT?
  16. Am i eligible for TANCET if I am a resident of AP and want to do MBA in chennai?
  17. Colleges offering M.Tech with Software Engineering and Information Technology branch in AP?
  18. Am i eligible for AP EMCET exam?
31st March 2015, 02:24 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to give the SET exam in Andhra Pradesh with 55% marks in Post graduation?

Yes of course, you are eligible to apply for SET examination.

SET i.e State Eligibility Test for Telangana & Andhra Pradesh is conducted by Osmania University twice in a year. This year notification is not yet released. But you can expect the notification in the month of April/May in the official website of APSET

Eligibility Criteria:

-> You should have completed post-graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.

-> You must have secured at least 55% marks for general candidates and 50% marks for reserved categories.

-> Those who have completed or pursuing in the final year of master degree in related subjects are eligible to apply for SET Telangana (TS) & Andhra Pradesh(AP).
1st April 2015, 12:22 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give the SET exam in Andhra Pradesh with 55% marks in Post graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got fifty percent marks in graduation, I got fifty five percent marks in post graduation can i give SET ,am i eligible for the post of A.P.? Can someone tell me what is the minimum eligibility criteria required for the SET exam? Awaiting for a quicker reply soon. Thanks!

SET - State Eligibility Test

This exam is being conducted every state and as you have asked for the information regarding SET Exam for Andhra Pradesh, the qualifications needed are:

# Candidate appearing should have a citizenship in India as per the nationality standard.

# There is no upper age limit for the exam.

# Regarding the educational qualification, candidate should have completed a Master's degree from a recognized university and that can be in any stream with at least 55% aggregate.

# There is relaxation for other category candidates such as SC/ST/PWD as they need to have got at least 50% aggregate.

The candidate who satisfies all these criteria is eligible for applying for the SET exam. There is no limit of appearances for the exam.

PAYMENT FOR EXAM:

For SC/ST : Rs.250
For OBC : Rs.500
For General : Rs.700
1st April 2015, 12:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for SET exam in Andhra Pradesh because you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks.

Eligibility criteria for SET exam:-

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for SET exam.

There is no age criteria in SET exam.
1st April 2015, 05:47 PM
kunalroy89

As you have got 55% in your post graduation course,you are eligible for SET.
The minimum marks needed to be eligible for SET is 55% for general candidates.There is 50% relaxation for Reserved categories.Marks are not to be rounded off.And if you have completed Ph.D you will have an extra 5% relaxation in marks eligibility i.e. 50% marks in Post graduation will be enough for a Ph.D holder.
There is no upper limit on age and no limit on number of attempts.
You can check for other details on the website of APSET at www.apset.org
10th September 2015, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

iam doing my Post Graduation in karnataka ,and upto my graduation i did in andhrapradesh.
Am i eligible to write karnataka STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST(KSET -2015 )...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?