14th May 2015, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study M.Sc in Agronomy after completing B.Sc in Agriculture?

Sir,
I am studying in B.Sc in Agriculture course.
But in my M.Sc I want to do Agronomy.
Can you tell me that I can do Agronomy in PG?
Please let me know immediately.
With Regards.

15th May 2015, 11:17 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.Sc in Agronomy after completing B.Sc in Agriculture?

Minimum eligibility required to apply for admission in M.Sc Agronomy from a recognized university :

>> Candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in Agriculture from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks OR

>> Candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in science with Botany as a compulsory subjects with minimum 50% marks OR

>> Candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in science in Biology discipline from a reputed university with minimum 50% marks

To get admission in Master's degree Agronomy, a candidate need to qualify entrance examination of the university conducted before admission process starts that is why candidate need to be qualified in that entrance examination as well then only he/she will be allowed to study in the university.

Generally ICAR or CSIR conduct JRF - Junior Research Fellowship test for candidates willing to get admission in M.Sc Agriculture in various disciplines like - Plant Physiology, Plant Pathology, Plant Breeding, Entomology, Soil Science, Seed Technology, Horticulture, Agriculture Science etc. so you need to apply fort his examination and qualify with minimum required marks.

As everybody know that agriculture stream has a lot of scopes in India and abroad as well but the degree / pg degree must be completed form a recognized university or ICAR then only the candidate will be preferred for the job in government department that is why you have to prepare well for entrance exam to get admission in M.Sc in ICAR.
15th May 2015, 11:49 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.Sc in Agronomy after completing B.Sc in Agriculture?

You are eligible for M.Sc in Agronomy after completing B.Sc in Agricultural.

There are various state agricultural which provides PG course in various agricultural stream after B.Sc Hons Agricultural.

There will be a Entrance exam(CET) to take admission into M.Sc.

CCSHAU Hisar is a Asia Biggest Agricultural University where online application for M.Sc Agronomy is going.

Last date to apply online is 21 may 2015.

To apply Online:http://ccshau.mycollegeform.com/
30th March 2017, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study M.sc in agronagronomy after completing B.sc in Horticulture?
27th August 2019, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

Can I eligible to study msc agronomy by completing bsc in horticulture?????
15th September 2021, 01:03 PM
Alvia Khan

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidates must have a bachelor's or equivalent degree in Science are eligible for M.Sc in Agronomy.

Duration - 2 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?