1st March 2018, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study M.Sc in Statistics if pursuing B.Sc in Mathematics?

Hello, I am doing B.Sc in Mathematics from Jadavpur University. I am studying in 2nd year of my graduation. I have statistics as a subject in my graduation so I am willing to do Statistics honors in Post Graduation. So, I am eligible to do M.Sc in Statistics or not?

12th March 2018, 04:11 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.Sc in Statistics if pursuing B.Sc in Mathematics?

Yes you can pursue Master’s in Statistics after completing Bachelor in Mathematics.
There is no any restriction regarding selection of stream. And you can pursue from any of the stream or subject.
No any special requirements are needed in this.
But the university must be recognized.
12th March 2018, 04:24 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.Sc in Statistics if pursuing B.Sc in Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am doing B.Sc in Mathematics from Jadavpur University. I am studying in 2nd year of my graduation. I have statistics as a subject in my graduation so I am willing to do Statistics honors in Post Graduation. So, I am eligible to do M.Sc in Statistics or not?

Yes, you are eligible to study MSc Statistics after completion of BSc Mathematics. Candidates who have passed BSc Statistics or Mathematics with Statistics as an allied subject with a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to apply for the MSc Statistics course. Admission to the MSc Statistics is done through an entrance examination conducted by the college or university. The MSc Statistics course is available in various colleges in India. Duration of the course is two years. Therefore, you are eligible to study MSc Statistics after completion of BSc Mathematics course.
12th March 2018, 04:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in M.Sc statistics, if you have got B.Sc degree in mathematics from a recognized university. Both field are related to each other.

Just make sure that you are well prepared for the entrance exam. JAM is the best option available to get admission at the top institutions.
12th March 2018, 06:56 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to opt for M.Sc in Statistics after the completion of B.Sc course as you are studying Statistics as a subject in your B.Sc.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Sc course studying Statistics as a subject from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for M.Sc in Statistics.
Candidates must have to qualify in the entrance examination for the admission in the Masters degree course.
12th March 2018, 08:45 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to pursue M.Sc in Statistics course after successful completion of B.Sc in Mathematics course. Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for pursuing this course.

>> Candidates who are done with any of the below mentioned courses are certainly eligible to pursue this M.Sc in Statistics course.
* B.Sc in Mathematics
* B.Sc in Statistics
* B.Sc Mathematics with Computer Applications as Statistics as one of the papers

>> As you are doing B.Sc in Mathematics course, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to pursue this course.

>> Some of the top colleges that are offering M.Sc in Statistics course are,
@ IIT Kanpur
@ Madras Christian College
@ IIT Kharagpur
@ Loyola College, Chennai
@ Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi University
@ IIT Bombay,..etc.,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?