14th April 2018, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

Can I study MSc(Applied Mathematics) being a BSc(Mathematics) student?

Hello everyone, I am interested to study Applied Mathematics in my MSc. Right now I am studying BSc with Mathematics. So, I would like to know that can I study Applied Mathematics in my Master's Degree or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure for a non mathematics student to pursue MCA?
  2. Is it possible to study BBA for a Commerce student without Mathematics?
  3. Possibility to study BA(Mathematics) for 12th Humanities student? -- [New]
  4. Difference between B.Sc and B.A. Degree for Mathematics student
  5. How to do MSc in Maths after doing B.E? What is the eligibility?
  6. Mathematics related job-oriented courses for MSc(Mathematics) final year student?
  7. If I have interest in Maths which branch of engineering should I select? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Eligibility to study MSc(Applied Mathematics) for BTech(IT) student?
  9. How can I study M.Sc in Osmania University being a B.Sc(Mathematics) student of Andhra University?
  10. List of colleges/universities offering M.Sc(Mathematics) with Computer Science in Kerala? Eligibility to study for Mathematics Honours student?
  11. Should I take Maths as an optional subject to study in 11th Commerce?
  12. Requirements to study PhD(Mathematics) in Calcutta University for MSc student?
  13. Possibility to study BSc(Applied Mathematics) for 12th PCM student?
  14. Is is necessary to chose Mathematics in 11th to study Genetics later at Graduate and Masters level?
  15. Which graduation course to do if planning to do Ph.D in Maths in future?
  16. Chances to study M.Sc(Mathematics) in IISC for B.Sc 5th semester student with an aggregate of 96% marks?
  17. Space related course to study in UK or USA for B.Sc Mathematics student? Details of universities and traveling expenses?
  18. Is M.Sc in Mathematics a good course for BE Mechanical student? Other courses which I can study?
15th April 2018, 03:52 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MSc(Applied Mathematics) being a BSc(Mathematics) student?

** M.Sc. Applied Mathematics or Master of Science in Applied Mathematics is a postgraduate Mathematics course.

** The duration of Master of Science in Applied Mathematics course is two years.

** Yes, you are eligible to study M.Sc(Applied Mathematics) being a B.Sc(Mathematics) student.

** Candidate should have passed B.Sc with Physics and Chemistry, Mathematics, etc. under any registered or recognized University.
15th April 2018, 05:25 PM
google girl
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I study MSc(Applied Mathematics) being a BSc(Mathematics) student?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue M.Sc in Applied Mathematics after completing B.Sc in Mathematics.

Eligibility criteria for M.Sc (Applied Mathematics) are:-

Candidate must have completed B.Sc in any stream with at least 55% aggregate from any recognized university.
15th April 2018, 06:12 PM
ranu shahi

Yes you are eligible to pursue M.Sc in Applied Mathematics after completing B.Sc in Mathematics.
There is no restriction in pursuing Master’s in any other stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?