10th March 2018, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study M.Sc in Mathematics if pursuing B.Sc in Statistics?

Hello, I am doing B.Sc in Statistics from Jadavpur University. I am studying in 2nd year of my graduation. I have Mathematics as a subject in my graduation so I am willing to do Mathematics honors in Post Graduation. So, I am eligible to do M.Sc in Mathematics or not?

21st April 2018, 11:03 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.Sc in Mathematics if pursuing B.Sc in Statistics?

You are certainly eligible to pursue M.Sc in Mathematics course after successful completion of B.Sc in Statistics course. There is a certain eligibility criteria that is required.

>> Candidates must have completed their Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent qualification with "Mathematics" as one of the subjects from a recognized university.

>> Candidates who are done with their B.Sc in Mathematics or B.Sc in Mathematics and Computer Applications are also eligible to pursue this course.

>> According to my knowledge you are eligible to pursue this course as you are done with Bachelor's Degree (Mathematics) as one of the subjects.

>> List of colleges offering this M.Sc in Mathematics course are,
@ BITS Pilani
@ DAV University, Jalandhar
@ Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
@ Stella Maris College, Chennai
@ Loyola College, Chennai
@ Madras Christian College, Chennai
@ Christ University, Bangalore..etc.,
21st April 2018, 04:49 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.Sc in Mathematics if pursuing B.Sc in Statistics?

Yes, definitely you can opt M.Sc in Mathematics after the completion of B.Sc in Statistics. But, for that, you must have studied Mathematics as a subject in your B.Sc.
If you have studied Mathematics in your B.Sc, then you can definitely get admission to study M.Sc in Mathematics from different Universities.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Sc course studying Mathematics as a subject from a recognized University with scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the M.Sc course in Mathematics from different Universities.
21st April 2018, 07:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to study M.Sc. Mathematics course after completion of your B.Sc. Statistics course. To be eligible to pursue M.Sc. Mathematics course, you should have passed B.Sc. course with Mathematics as a major subject from a recognised university. Admissions in M.Sc. Mathematics course are done through merit basis of Bachelor's degree examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university.
21st April 2018, 10:21 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for M.Sc Mathematics after B.Sc statistics. Candidates who have completed their graduation with mathematics/statistics as one of their subjects from a recognized college/university are eligible to pursue the above mentioned course. You should have secured minimum 60% marks in graduation. Most of the reputed universities offers admission on the basis of a written examination and some select the candidates on the basis of marks secured in graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?