31st December 2015, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

Is B.Ed necessary for PGT Mathematics?

I am doing M.Sc by mathematics. I want to apply for PGT mathematics after this. But i want to know that is B.Ed necessary for PGT mathematics?

31st December 2015, 11:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Ed necessary for PGT Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing M.Sc by mathematics. I want to apply for PGT mathematics after this. But i want to know that is B.Ed necessary for PGT mathematics?
Yes, B.Ed degree in necessary for PGT in Mathematics.

If you haven't B.Ed degree then you can apply for PGT course in Mathematics in part time mode.

For full-time course, you must qualify in CTET exam.
31st December 2015, 12:00 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

PGT stands for Post Graduate Teacher. To become PGT teacher it is necessary to have B.Ed degree.

To become PGT the required eligibility is candidate must have passed master's degree with at least 50% aggregate and have B.ed degree from recognised university.

So, you need to pursue course and then only become eligible to appear for examination for final recruitment as PGT.
31st December 2015, 06:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the schools these days ask for B.Ed qualification if you apply for PGT job. You may get teaching job without B.Ed also but chances are very low. For a government teaching job B.Ed is almost compulsory these days.

It will be good for you to go for a B.Ed course if you want to become a teacher in school. There is TET which requires B.Ed qualification and PGTs are recruited through this test.
1st January 2016, 12:31 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, B.Ed is necessary for PGT Mathematics. Please, go through eligibility criteria below:

- The applicant should have a Post Graduate pass out degree from recognized university.

- The applicant should also have a Bachelor of Education(B.Ed) degree of at least 1 year from recognized university and B.Ed degree should be approved from the NCTE.
1st January 2016, 12:58 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

PGT stands for Post Graduate Teacher.

Yes, Bachelor of Education is necessary for PGT mathematics. Along with B.Ed you must have master's degree in mathematics which you are pursuing.

So, you are eligible for PGT mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?