31st December 2015, 07:16 AM
Unregistered

Can i take admission in M.Tech degree course with existing backlog?

I have completed my B-Tech in 2013. But I do have a backlog. I want to know if i can still take admission in M.tech degree or not?

31st December 2015, 10:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i take admission in M.Tech degree course with existing backlog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my B-Tech in 2013. But I do have a backlog. I want to know if i can still take admission in M.tech degree or not?
If you have pending backlog then you are not eligible for M.Tech course.

So first completed your B.Tech without having any pending backlog then you are eligible for M.Tech course.

You must have valid GATE score also.
31st December 2015, 09:45 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible to get admission in M.Tech colleges with Pending backlog. Since you have to submit original certificates at the time of admission. But yes you would not enable to submit the certificates if you have backlogs at the time of admission.

Most cases it is not possible. first you just complete all your backlogs then you will get good way to get admission.
31st December 2015, 10:07 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

M.Tech stands for Master of Technology. It is a two years post graduation course in technology. The top reputed institutes for M.Tech course is IIT, NITs, IIITs and other government engineering college.

But for admission in any of the above college, you must crack GATE exam which stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. GATE exam is conducted every year by IIT or IISC every year.

To be eligible for this exam, you must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized institute or college or university. No you are not eligible for M.Tech admissions with pending backlogs. First clear your pending backlogs then only you can get admission in M.Tech.

GATE qualified candidates are given stipend.
31st December 2015, 10:34 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry, you have to clear all the backlogs to get admission to the M.Tech degree. The eligibility to study M.Tech is a B.E or B.Tech or AMIE with 60% marks & 10+2 also 60% marks in Amity University. The duration of the course is 2 years. The website link is given
http://www.amity.edu/asetau/Course.a...26+Engineering. The eligibility will be same in all the colleges. You have to appear for entrance examination for the admission.
31st December 2015, 10:41 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for Master degree course if you have any backlog in your bachelor degree. I am saying this due to the fact that the eligibility criteria for getting admission in master degree says that you must have a bachelor degree in any discipline with minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university. So if you have any backlog then you are not eligible for master degree.
31st December 2015, 10:54 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

I am extremely sorry to state that you cannot take admission in M.Tech degree course with a pending backlog. Usually most of the institutes do not allow this as you do not satisfy the full credit for the B.Tech course. However, if you have received the B.Tech degree and have achieved the requisite credit with the help of electives, then you are eligible for M.Tech degree and can definitely go forward for admission in M.Tech degree course by clearing entrance exam requisite for the concerned institute. Most of the institutes consider GATE score or their own entrance exam's score for admission.
31st December 2015, 10:55 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry that you are not eligible for M.Tech course with pending backlog. It is mandatory that must complete B.Tech course without having any pending backlog to be eligible for M.Tech. I suggest you to clear the pending backlog soon as possible to be eligible for M.Tech course.
31st December 2015, 11:41 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Master of Technology course is:

1. Bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university. There should not be any pending backlogs. Master's degree in science candidates are also eligible for M.Tech course.

You are not eligible for M.Tech course with pending backlogs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?