14th March 2017, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Can a B.Tech civil engineering graduate apply for M.Arch admission?

Dear Sir, my son has completed B.Tech civil engineering, He desires to study M.Arch in Bangalore or any university in south India. So, is there possibility and eligibility with B.Tech civil engineering. Please reply.

15th March 2017, 04:32 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Tech civil engineering graduate apply for M.Arch admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir, my son has completed B.Tech civil engineering, He desires to study M.Arch in Bangalore or any university in south India. So, is there possibility and eligibility with B.Tech civil engineering. Please reply.

No. B.Tech Civil Engineering graduates are not eligible to apply for M.Arch admission. Candidates who have passed B.Arch with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible to study the M.Arch course. The admission to the M.Arch will be done through an entrance examination. The M.Arch course is available in various colleges like

Anna University - Official Website

Ansal University - Official Website

Amity School of Architecture and Planning - Official Website

Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture & Fine Arts University - Official Website
15th March 2017, 06:10 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Your son has completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering and wants to pursue M.Arch from any university. But I am sorry to say that your son is not eligible for M.Arch course.

**The main reason is that he is not fulfilling the eligibility criteria i.e student must possess Bachelor’s degree (B.Arch) from any recognized university. So, it is not possible to take admission in M.Arch after completing B.Tech course in Civil Engineering.

Following are the options available for him if he wants to go for higher study:

--M. Tech in Civil Engineering

--M.B.A
15th March 2017, 11:24 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

M.Arch. or Master of Architecture is a postgraduate Architecture Engineering course.

The duration of this course is two years.

Candidate must have passed B.Arch from a well recognized university.

Sorry you are not eligible to apply for M.Arch admission after B.Tech civil engineering.
16th March 2017, 07:11 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that your ward is not eligible to opt for the M.Arch course after the completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Arch course from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the M.Arch course.
Since he has completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering, he can opt M.Tech in the relevant field.
17th March 2017, 08:31 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, he is not eligible for M.Arch course because he is completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering.

But you can apply for M.Tech in Civil Engineering through GATE entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?