14th May 2015, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS if having hearing problem in one ear being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) graduate?

Hello friends,
I had a problem in hearing in one ear.
I had completed my B.Tech(Civil Engineering).
Can you tell me whether I can apply for IAS or not?
Waiting for your reply.

15th May 2015, 02:42 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS if having hearing problem in one ear being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) graduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends,
I had a problem in hearing in one ear.
I had completed my B.Tech(Civil Engineering).
Can you tell me whether I can apply for IAS or not?
Waiting for your reply.
Yes, you can apply for IAS exam because you have completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
15th May 2015, 11:02 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS if having hearing problem in one ear being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) graduate?

Eligibility to apply for UPSC IAS examination 2015 :

Candidate must possess a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age of the candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 32 years.

Upper age is maximum 35 years for OBC category candidates and 37 years for SC/ST category candidates.

General category candidates can appear maximum 6 times for this exam, OBC candidates can appear maximum 9 times for this exam and candidates of SC/ST can appear for this exam until the completion of maximum age means there is no limit.

If you have hearing problem in one ear then there is no problem because there is no such provision in the notice given that a candidate having problem in ear will not be eligible to apply for this examination so you must apply and start preparation because you are eligible.

If you have disability in one year of minimum 40% then you may come under HI - Hearing Impaired category and your category would be PH which would be better for you because cut off marks for PH category are less than required so get your problem be checked by a medical officer/ doctor and if the report says that you have minimum 40% disability by ear then you will get a medical PH certificate that would provide you relaxation in examination but if less than 40% then you will be considered a normal candidate.

The latest notice of Civil service examination will be issued on 16th of May and online registration will close on 12th June 2015 so you must visit the official website of UPSC board and apply online for this recruitment examination.

The examination of civil service prelims will be conducted on 23rd of August 2015 so you have just few months left to get prepared for this examination so focus on preparation and apply at first so you could get prepared well without any problem.

You should go to any coaching center if you seriously want to qualify this examination but if you want then you can prepare yourself by just reading few good books of General Studies and CSAT because qualifying is compulsory and marks of prelims are not added into final selection of the candidate so wish is yours whatever you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?