14th March 2017, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for MCA admission after BCA with 79% marks?

Dear Sir/Madam, I have just finished my BCA with 79%. My 10+2 marks is 81 %( commerce) matric-76%. Sir, please tell me. Am I eligible or not for MCA in any university? If I am not eligible then, which course gives me a bright future.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for MCA after getting 64% marks in BCA, 54% marks in 12th and 58.6% marks in 10th. Entrance exams details to take admission in MCA?
  2. Am I eligible to get admission to study MCA in Gujarat or Maharashtra after completing BCA on Commerce basis?
  3. Am I eligible to take admission for MCA from Pune University?
  4. Am I eligible to take admission in MCA? I am doing BCA through correspondence course in IGNOU
  5. MCA after BCA from Pune University with 55% marks?
  6. How much percentage I have to score in BCA to get admission in a good governemnt MCA college?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for MCA course without doing graduation?
  8. Am i eligible for MCA through NIMCET? I got 59.9% marks in 10+2 and completed BCA
  9. Can I get admission to study MCA if secured 50% in BCA? Entrance exams to study MCA?
  10. Can I get admission to study BCA then MCA being a 12th PCB candidate? Is there any problem to study in Abroad?
  11. Am I eligible to get admission in MIT college? I have scored 56% marks in BCA
  12. Am I eligible to get admission in BCA being a 12th PCB student?
  13. Am I eligible to get admission in MCA if I do not have any mathematics paper in BCA but I have studied 12th with mathematics? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am I eligible for Ph.D from IITs after doing MCA and BCA course? What is the procedure to take admission?
  15. Am I eligible to get admission for MCA in good colleges being a candidate of pursuing BCA through Distance Education?
  16. Joining MCA without PUC marks card just based on BCA marksheet
  17. Can BCA last year students get loan for admission in MCA course?
  18. Can I get admission in LPU to study MCA if secured 55% in BCA?
15th March 2017, 03:52 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA admission after BCA with 79% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Madam, I have just finished my BCA with 79%. My 10+2 marks is 81 %( commerce) matric-76%. Sir, please tell me. Am I eligible or not for MCA in any university? If I am not eligible then, which course gives me a bright future.

Yes, you are eligible for MCA admission after BCA with 79% marks in it. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Applications, Computer Science or Information Technology with a minimum of 50% marks shall be eligible to study MCA in some colleges. Some institutions insists on mathematics should be studied as a subject in 10+2. The admission will be done through an entrance examination. You can study the course in the following institutions like

Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University - Official Website

Manipal Institute of Technology - Official Website

Sharda University - Official Website
15th March 2017, 08:30 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications and it is a post graduation degree course which is 3 years long. Candidates who have completed their bachelor's degree in any discipline like arts, commerce, science with minimum 60% marks from a recognized college/university are eligible to apply for MCA. Candidates should have studied mathematics as one of their subject in 12th standard or during bachelor's degree.

As you have completed Bachelor of Computer Applications with 79% marks, therefore you are eligible to apply for MCA course.
15th March 2017, 09:19 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely as you have passed your BCA with you 79% so you can definitely pursue MCA. If you want to pursue MCA from a reputed government institute then you have to crack the entrance exam conducted by the University. You can also take admission in management quota seat where you have not to appear in any kind of entrance exam.

You can appear in these entrance exams:

All India MCA common entrance test

Integrated common entrance test

NIT NIMCET

UP SEE 2007

Annamalai University MCA entrance examination
15th March 2017, 10:34 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application

There is no percentage required for MCA course

The basic eligibility criteria for MCA:-

Educational Qualification:-

You must have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognised University

No age limit for this examination

MCA course duration is 3 years with 6 semesters.
15th March 2017, 11:20 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for MCA admission:

There is a certain eligibility criteria that is required in order to apply for getting MCA Admission. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible is as follows.

>> You must have done Graduation or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. As you have secured more than 75% marks in Graduation, I am sure you are eligible to get MCA admission.

>> Some of the major MCA entrance examination's are as follows.

* NIMCET Entrance Exam
* Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT)
* TANCET Entrance Exam
* BBAU Entrance Examination
* University of Calicut MCA Entrance Exam
* University of Madras MCA Entrance Exam
15th March 2017, 11:36 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to opt for the MCa course after the completion of BCA course with 79% of marks in it.
Candidates those who have completed their BCA degree course from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the MCA course.
15th March 2017, 11:39 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Master of Computer Applications is a postgraduate Information Technology course. The duration of Master of Computer Applications course is two years.

For Master of Computer Applications course candidate must have bachelor degree with 50% from a recognized university. You are eligible for MCA admission after BCA with 79% marks.

BEST PLACE FOR YOU

** Panjab University - PU, Chandigarh

** Amity University - Noida, Noida

** Bhavik College of Management and Information Technology, Chandigarh

** A.P.S. College of Engineering, Bangalore
15th March 2017, 11:56 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The eligibility for Master of Computer application course is:

Bachelor's degree from a recognized university in science, computer application or engineering etc.

You should have studied maths at intermediate level.

You can get admission in MCA with 79% marks in BCA.
16th March 2017, 11:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for MCA course.

Those candidates who have completed B.Tech/B.E in CSE/IT, BCA, B,Sc in CS/IT, B.Sc in Mathematics from a recognized University are eligible for MCA course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?