17th September 2017, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for MCA admission on the basis of B.Com (CA) degree?

I am Shyamala. I completed B.Com (CA). Now I have interest for studying MCA. Just I had confused after completing B.Com. Can I do MCA or not. It is full of mathematics, computer based only, can I go to MCA. Please sent me reply?

17th September 2017, 05:58 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for MCA admission on the basis of B.Com (CA) degree?

Eligibility Criteria of MCA:
>Candidates must have completed bachelors degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized university.
>Candidates must have studied Mathematics as a compulsory subject in class 10+2.
So, if you satisfy the above mentioned eligibility criteria, then definitely you are eligible for MCA course and also you can apply for that course.
17th September 2017, 06:30 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Shyamala. I completed B.Com (CA). Now I have interest for studying MCA. Just I had confused after completing B.Com. Can I do MCA or not. It is full of mathematics, computer based only, can I go to MCA. Please sent me reply?

Yes, you can apply for MCA admission on the basis of BCom degree. Candidates with graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks and must have studied mathematics as a subject in 10+2 are eligible to pursue MCA. You have to appear for an entrance examination to get admission to MCA course. Therefore, you can apply for MCA admission after completing a BCom degree. Duration of the MCA course is three years. The MCA course is available in various colleges. Candidates after completion of MCA can get jobs in the MNCs with good salary.
17th September 2017, 06:45 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application and the candidates who have completed their graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% marks from a recognized college/university are eligible to apply for this course. You should have studied mathematics in 12th standard or during graduation.

So, if you have studied mathematics in 12th standard or during graduation, the you are eligible to pursue MCA.
17th September 2017, 07:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to pursue MCA course, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in Computer Applications or in any other discipline from a recognised university. You should have studied Mathematics subject at 12th standard or Bachelor's degree level. So, being a B.Com degree holder, if you have studied Mathematics subject in 12th standard or Bachelor's degree course, you are eligible to pursue MCA course.
17th September 2017, 11:52 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, you are eligible to apply for MCA (Master of Computer Application) after completing your B.Com degree. Here below are details regarding MCA course:-

Educational Qualification Required:-
Minimum qualification required to apply for MCA is graduation or any other equivalent qualification in Arts, Commerce, Science, Engineering and technology stream from government recognized institute.

Duration of MCA course:- Duration of master of computer application course is 3 years.

Specializations in MCA Course:-

>> Application software.

>> Internet.

>> Hardware technology.

>> Software development.

>> Troubleshooting.

>> System engineering.

Institute Offer MCA Course:-

1). APS College of Engineering, Bangalore

2). Bhavik College of Management and Information Technology, Chandigarh

3). Amity University, Noida

4). Panjab University, Chanidigarh
18th September 2017, 09:56 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes, of course you can do MCA after completion of B.Com. BCA, B.Com, and B.SC graduates can pursue this course. To get admission you have to give an entrance test conducted by the respective university. Mathematics, computer awareness, analytical ability and general ability are main topics for the entrance exam. Thanks
18th September 2017, 02:38 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You can join in MCA after completing B.Com which is a UG course of 3 years.

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications.

This is a three year post graduation program being offered by many of the colleges in India.

Your age should not exceed above 21 years.

Your minimum marks in B.com should be 60% aggregate and 60% in plus 2.
18th September 2017, 10:00 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Master of Computer Application (MCA) course after completion of B.Com course. There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for applying for this MCA course.

>> The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible is "Bachelor's Degree" in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> Minimum percentage required in Graduation is 45 to 50% marks.

>> Admission process basically depends upon the concerned organization.

>> You are required to appear in an entrance examination in order to be eligible. As per my knowledge, I am sure you are eligible to apply for MCA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?