27th July 2017, 02:25 PM
NARPATH KUMAR

Which competitive exam I should write after class 12th to do Masters in Computer Applications?

Which competitive exam I should write after class 12th to do Masters in Computer Applications? I am not aware of the exam and the procedure of applying for the course, so can you please guide me with the details soon on the same? Thank you!

30th July 2017, 09:47 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which competitive exam I should write after class 12th to do Masters in Computer Applications?

MCA is a Computer Application based master degree course. The duration of course is two year.

To get admission one must need to have passed bachelor degree with mathematics as main paper in 12th board examination.

There are many entrance examination conducted to get admission in course in different institutes.

NIMCET - For admission in NITs.

IIT JAM - For admission in IITs.

BIT MCA - For admission in BIT.

The minimum required aggregate in bachelor degree to get admission varies with institutes. So, for detail information visit official website of respective university or college.

Most of the private institute conduct separate entrance examination to offer admission.
30th July 2017, 10:00 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which competitive exam I should write after class 12th to do Masters in Computer Applications?

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application.

Eligibility criteria for MCA course:

1. Minimum qualification required is bachelor's degree. Students after 12th can not directly apply for MCA course.

2. After bachelor's degree, you can apply for Competitive entrance exam like IIT JAM, NIMCET to get admission in IITs and NITs for pursuing MCA course.

The best course for you at bachelor's degree is BCA.
30th July 2017, 11:48 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, to say that you are not eligible to pursue Masters in Computer Applications course after completion of your 12th standard. To be eligible to pursue Master's in Computer Applications course, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in Computer Applications or in any other discipline with Mathematics as a subject from a Government recognised board. So, after completion of your BCA course, you can get admission in MCA course through merit basis of Bachelor's degree examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university.
30th July 2017, 07:34 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot get admission in MCA course after 12th. MCA is a master degree course and candidate must have passed or in final year of bachelor degree to appear for MCA course.

So, you have to first pursue bachelor degree to appear in any examination conducted for admission in MCA course.

The list of examination is conducted for admission in MCA course are : NIMCET, IIT JAM, BIT MCA etc..
31st July 2017, 07:17 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic qualification required to pursue Master of Computer Application is bachelor's degree. So, you can not apply for any competitive exam after 10+2 to pursue MCA. First, you need to pursue bachelor's degree then you can apply for entrance examination of MCA.

Graduates in Science, engineering, computer application etc can apply for MCA entrance exams. To pursue MCA, candidate must have studied mathematics at senior secondary level. In final year of graduation, you can apply for exams like NIMCET to pursue MCA from NITs.

IIT JAM is competitive exam to pursue MCA from IITs.
31st July 2017, 05:24 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

MCA is post graduation degree which can not be done directly after senior secondary board examination.

There is no competitive exam after 12th for MCA course. There are certain competitive exam after bachelor's degree like IIT JAM, NIMCET etc.

Mathematics should be a compulsory subject at 12th level to be eligible for MCA course.
31st July 2017, 05:47 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

There is no such examination to appear and qualify after which candidates will be eligible to pursue MCA course after 12th std.

So, you have to wait till your bachelor degree qualification and only after that will be eligible for admission in MCA course.

MCA entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission. Some of the examination are IIT JAM, NIMCET, BITS MCA, DU MCA etc.

So, you have to qualify in these examination to get admission. It is necessary that candidate must have passed 12th with Mathematics as main paper.
31st July 2017, 06:39 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

As the name suggests Master of Computer Application ( MCA ) degree course is a master degree course of two years with good scope in software world.

Further the minimum educational qualification required for pursuing the same degree course is a bachelor degree course in any discipline with 55% ( few colleges demands for 60% marks ) aggregate from a recognized university. You must also studied Mathematics at your Class 12th level or graduation or should have pursued BCA degree course.

So after Class 12th you cannot appear in MCA entrance examination as for pursuing MCA degree course you will first have to complete your graduation degree.

Further to pursue MCA from good colleges you need to appear and qualify entrance examinations like NIMCET, IIT JAM, BHU PET, IPU CET MCA, etc. .
31st July 2017, 07:35 PM
narim.

For your kind information, competitive exams are for jobs.

For joining Government jobs, competitive exams are organized.

There is no competitive exam after class 12th to do Masters in Computer Applications.

Moreover, MCA is Post Graduation course. You can not directly jump into Post Graduation after 12th.

In between there is Graduation course that you need to complete.

Plan for Graduation first.
31st July 2017, 08:07 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You can get admission in MCA by following two ways:

1. Direct admission under management quota. In this case, you may have to pay some donation to the college.

2. Admission through following entrance exam:

a) LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2017

b) NMU Jalgoan CET 2017

c) HP University MCA Entrance Exam 2017

d) BIT Mesra MCA Entrance Exam 2017

After clearing the exam, you have to participate in online counseling process. After getting the counseling result, you have to visit the respective campus and complete the admission formalities.
31st July 2017, 10:09 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

You are required to follow certain procedure in order to pursue Master of Computer Application (MCA) course. As you are done with 12th Class, you are required to pursue Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) course. There are several colleges that offer this BCA course and you are required to appear in concerned bachelor's degree entrance examination. Or else some of the colleges offer admission directly on the basis of marks secured in 12th Class.

After completion of BCA course, you are required to appear in Entrance Examination's. Some of the entrance exam's for getting admission into MCA are,

ICET Telangana exam

Kerala Common Entrance Examination

IPU CET Examination

BIT MCA Examination

WB JEC MCA Examination

IIT JAM (Joint Admission Test for MCA) Exam

NIMCET MCA Common Entrance Test

JNU MCA Entrance Examination's...etc.,
31st July 2017, 11:01 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

There is no such entrance exam which enables you to get direct admission in Masters in Computer Applications right after intermediate. MCA is a post graduate degree and can only be pursued after completion of bachelor's degree from any well recognized university/institute.
2nd August 2017, 10:52 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

Just after 12th, You can't apply for MCA entrance. Minimum Qualification to apply for MCA is bachelor's degree with mathematics or statistics at (10+2) level or graduation level. Most Institutes offer the admission to MCA based on entrance exam conducted by respective Institute/University.

MCA Entrances
- IIT JAM : For IITs
- NIMCET : For NITs
- BIT CET : For Birla Institute of Technology
- IPU CET MCA : For Indraprastha University
- PU CET : For Pune University
- WB JECA :For West Bengal State
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?