21st November 2016, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBBS after completion of B.Sc nursing?

Sir I had completed my 12th standard.
Recently, I have joined B.Sc nursing, but I am not satisfied. I want to join MBBS in Tamilnadu.
Can I join when after completing my nursing course. How many years required for MBBS after
Nursing and how much is the fees for MBBS
course. Can I get government college without entrance. I belong to a very poor family. So, I want low fees college in Tamilnadu. My family also supports me for my higher studies.

22nd November 2016, 01:20 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MBBS after completion of B.Sc nursing?

If you wish to get admission in the above mentioned course, you will have to appear for AIPMT examination and only after clearing the minimum cut-off required, you will be eligible to get admission in the course in a recognized college/university.

The duration of MBBS course is of 5 years from a recognized university. I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in any government as well as even in private university without having cleared the entrance examination as it is mandatory to be cleared by a candidate willing to opt for MBBS course.
22nd November 2016, 05:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can surely do MBBS after completion of B.Sc nursing. Just apply for any medical entrance exam, if you fulfill the age criteria. Although, there is no age criteria for admission in private medical colleges, but for government quota seats there is upper age limit of 25 years.

Fees will depend on the kind of college you get into. Admission will in first year for B.Sc degree holders, means there will be no advantage for you. You will be equal to class 12th students. Just perform well in the entrance exam, if you want to get admission in a top college.
22nd November 2016, 09:13 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and it is five year duration course.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 or appearing with PCB as main paper from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must between 17-25 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, candidate's with above qualification can appear for MBBS entrance examination as NEET or AIIMS and after qualifying in it eligible for final recruitment.

No, it is not possible to get admission in course without qualifying in the entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?