22nd July 2016, 04:58 PM
manoj sati

Can I do MCA after completion of Lateral Polytechnic Diploma in IT? Course duration of MCA through Polytechnic Diploma?

I am doing Polytechnic Diploma in IT through Lateral Entry. I want to do MCA after my Diploma. So can I do MCA after that? If yes, so how long MCA course will be after this Polytechnic?

24th July 2016, 05:36 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MCA after completion of Lateral Polytechnic Diploma in IT? Course duration of MCA through Polytechnic Diploma?

No, you are not eligible to pursue MCA course after completion of your Polytechnic Diploma in IT course. After completion of your Diploma in IT course, you can get lateral entry admission in second year of four years B.E/ B.Tech course but, not in MCA course. Only candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university are eligible to pursue MCA course. So, I suggest you to pursue Bachelors' degree course after completion of your Diploma course, so, that you are eligible to get admission to study MCA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?