23rd March 2015, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study M.Tech in IIT if scored 32 marks in GATE-CSE being a General student?

Hello everyone,
I have got 32 marks in GATE with CSE branch and
I am General category, so can I get any IIT for M.Tech?
Please reply as soon as possible.
Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission for M.Tech in IIT having scored 34.33 marks in GATE Exam with a score of 348 being a candidate from SC category?
  2. Is there any chance to get admission in NIT after scoring 42 marks in GATE?
  3. How can I get admission in M.tech without qualifying GATE?
  4. In which college can I get admission after scoring 26.33 marks in GATE?
  5. Eligibility and procedure to join M.Tech course?
  6. Am I eligible to study M.Tech in Anna University if scored 36.717 marks in TANCET and 22.67 marks in GATE?
  7. Can I get admission in NIT if scored 25.67 marks in GATE being a SC student?
  8. Can I get admission if secured 32076 rank in GATE-ECE being an OBC student?
  9. What are the opportunities for M.Tech after passing CS with 33 marks in GATE?
  10. How to get admission in GATE? I have scored 33 marks in GATE in ECE
  11. Can I get admission in any NIT college for M.Tech? I have scored 26.67 marks in GATE Mechanical
  12. How much marks do I need in GATE exam? I want to study M.Tech course in IIT college
  13. Scholarship in M.Tech after 30.69 marks in GATE? Colleges to apply for?
  14. How to get admission in colleges of Pune for M.Tech after scoring 7.00 in GATE
  15. In which Government Colleges I can apply for M.Tech course having scored 32.67 marks and 87.70 percentile in GATE Exam with CS stream?
  16. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I get admission for M.Tech course having scored 378 in GATE Exam with EC stream?
  18. How to do M.Tech from UK or USA? I have scored 72% marks in B.Tech
30th March 2015, 10:39 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study M.Tech in IIT if scored 32 marks in GATE-CSE being a General student?

I am extremely sorry to state that you cannot get admission in IITs with a score of 32 in GATE for M.Tech course. This is because :-

- The number of seats in M.Tech in the IITs is very less which is not at par with the B.Tech seats, so the competition is very high.
- There are huge number of applicants, hence the cutoff of IITs goes quite higher than 32.
- You need to score atleast above 60 to have a chance in the IITs. If you score above 65 you can surely get IITs. However, the figure differs every year owing to the performance of the students and level of toughness of the question paper.
30th March 2015, 08:39 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission to study M.Tech in IIT if scored 32 marks in GATE-CSE being a General student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
Waiting for your reply.
I would say that, you are not applicable for M.Tech at IIT with GATE score 32.

Since CSE(Computer Science) is one of the hot streams in engineering, you need atleast 70 in GATE for Open class. I advice you to put more effort in GATE exam in future, if you really wanted to pursue CSE at IIT.
10th April 2015, 10:21 AM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Exclamation Re: Can I get admission to study M.Tech in IIT if scored 32 marks in GATE-CSE being a General student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
Waiting for your reply.
Hello,

For the General Category. marks required to get admission into the Computer Science branch of the IIT's is minimum of 60+ . Below 60 you are not supposed to come under the merit list of the Student who want to get admission into the computer science. Because the cut off for the CSE is very high, especially for the general category.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?