13th December 2017, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue MA in geography after B.Sc PCM?

Hello Sir, please clear my doubt. I have graduated from Avadh university with B.Sc (PCM) but I want to do MA in geography then can I do that. If yes, then please instruct me to 2018.

14th December 2017, 10:36 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue MA in geography after B.Sc PCM?

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue MA Geography after B.Sc PCM. In order to pursue MA Geography, you should have completed your bachelor's degree in geography hons or should have studied geography as one of your subjects at graduation level from a recognized college/university. You should have scored atleast 50% marks at your graduation level.
15th December 2017, 08:15 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Master of Arts in Geography are:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in Honors with Geography or Geography as one of subjects in bachelor's degree.

>>The minimum percentage of marks which some university seek for admission in Master of Arts is 50%.

If you have studied Geography as one of subjects in B.Sc (PCM) then you are eligible for admission in Master of Arts in Geography.
15th December 2017, 08:48 AM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Mandatory qualification for Master of Arts in Geography:

Bachelor's degree in Geography Honors or completion of bachelor's degree with Geography as one of the compulsory subjects.

If you meet above criteria then only you can apply for M.A in geography.

Top Universities:

Delhi University.

Banara Hindu University.

B.R Ambedkar University.

Jawaharlal Nehru University.
15th December 2017, 04:58 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to apply for pursuing MA in Geography course. Because, there is a minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for pursuing this MA in Geography course.

>> The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this MA in Geography course is "Graduation" with Honors is Geography or else Geography as one of the subjects in Graduation in order to be eligible.

>> You have mentioned that you are done with B.Sc with PCM subjects. If you have studied Geography as one of the subjects during Graduation, then I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to pursue this MA in Geography course

>> Some of the top colleges that are offering this MA in Geography are,
* Christ University, Bangalore
* Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi
* Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
* Stella Maris College, Chennai
* St.Xavier's College, Ahmedabad..etc.,
15th December 2017, 04:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Geography is an interesting subject. The educational qualification required for Master of Arts in Geography is that you should have studied Geography subject in bachelor's degree. But in case of Bachelor's degree in Science in PCM, no one studies Geography.

This means you can not pursue Master of Arts in Geography after Bachelor's degree in PCM.
15th December 2017, 06:31 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in the master in geography course.

The required educational qualification to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in geography honors or have geography as one paper in degree.

So, you cannot appear in entrance examination to get admission in the course.

In some of the universities admission is also offered on the merit score.
15th December 2017, 08:01 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The required eligibility to get admission in M.A Geography course is that candidate must have completed their bachelor degree in geography or have geography as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination for admission in course in various universities.
15th December 2017, 08:34 PM
rachamallamanoj

No you cannot do MA geography course after b.sc

The basic eligibility is
1. All the candidates must complete graduation with geography as on of the subject
2. The minimum marks required in graduation is 50%

To get admission you must pass the entrance exam conducted by the university in state or central level
16th December 2017, 12:06 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for MA in Geography after completion of B.Sc course. In order to be eligible for MA Geography course, you must have completed your bachelor's degree in Geography Hons or should have studied Geography as one of subject in your graduation and have scored a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?