24th January 2017, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligbility criteria for doing Ph.D in Geography after completion of MA in Geography?

What is the eligbility criteria for doing Ph.D in Geography after completion of MA in Geography? Can you please guide me with the right information on the same? It will be helpful if you can give me the complete steps which we have to follow. Thank you!

26th January 2017, 10:56 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligbility criteria for doing Ph.D in Geography after completion of MA in Geography?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the eligbility criteria for doing Ph.D in Geography after completion of MA in Geography? Can you please guide me with the right information on the same? It will be helpful if you can give me the complete steps which we have to follow. Thank you!

A candidate seeking admission to PhD in Geography must have scored 55% marks in Master’s Degree in Geography. The applicant has to clear the entrance examination conducted by the university and should score at least 50% marks in it for the admission to the PhD in Geography. The course is available in regular and part time mode. Candidates who have qualified NET/SET/GATE examinations shall be exempted from the entrance examination in some universities. The PhD in Geography is available in various universities like

Jamia Millia Islamia - Official Website

Himachal Pradesh University - Official Website

Pune University - Official Website

Panjab University - Official Website
26th January 2017, 11:00 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligbility criteria for doing Ph.D in Geography after completion of MA in Geography?

Yes definitely you are eligible to pursue PHD after completing your masters degree in geography because as per the qualification eligibility criteria candidate must have done masters degree in the concerned filled with minimum 50% marks from a recognised University and relaxation of 5% is given to SC and ST in the percentage.

You must have Indian citizenship.

There is no age bar.

You must have a valid net score card.
26th January 2017, 11:30 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue Ph.D in Geography:

Yes, you are certainly eligible to do Ph.D in Geography after successful completion of MA in Geography. The basic educational qualification required to do this course is as follows.

>> You must have completed Master's Degree or a Post Graduation in Geography stream from a recognized university.

>> You must have completed PG with minimum 55% marks for OBC or General candidates and 50% marks for reserved category candidates.

>> As you are done with MA in Geography, I am sure you are certainly eligible to do this course. You are required to appear in PhD (UGC NET) Entrance Examination to get admission in Doctoral program.
26th January 2017, 12:36 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D in Geography after completion of MA in Geography:-

->>For the admission in PhD programme you have to passed any master’s degree with minimum 55%marks and 50% in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST.

->>For admission you have to crack an entrance examination and personal interview which is organize by university.
26th January 2017, 05:17 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Below I have provided you the required eligibility criteria for a person who wants to pursue Ph.D in Geography after the completion MA in Geography, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D in Geography:-

Candidates must have completed their Master's degree in Geography from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% of marks in Master's degree course in order to be eligible.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?