13th December 2017, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBA in Finance without having a honours degree?

Hi, I have done B.Sc plain science. So, my plan is to do MBA in finance. So, can I go for it because my process in which I am working right now is finance related.

14th December 2017, 10:33 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MBA in Finance without having a honours degree?

Yes, you can pursue MBA in Finance with the above qualification and here is the eligibility for the same:

> Candidate should have completed their bachelor's degree from a recognized college/university

> Candidates should have scored minimum 50% marks at graduation level

With this eligibility candidates have to appear for entrance examinations like CAT/XAT/GMAT. After qualifying the examination with good marks you can get admission in different colleges for MBA Finance.
14th December 2017, 11:09 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can do MBA course in Finance after the completion of B.Sc general.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation course in any discipline from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the MBA course.
15th December 2017, 12:01 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for MBA in finance after completing B.SC course, because to apply for MBA in finance minimum qualification required to apply is bachelors degree in any stream from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks obtained.
  • Duration of MBA finance degree in 2 years which are divided into 4 semesters.
  • To get admission in MBA finance in reputed institute you must have to appear in entrance exams like GMAT, CAT,MAT, XAT etc. which includes papers like English, Problem solving, Reasoning, Genral awareness.
15th December 2017, 08:45 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be able to get admission for doing MBA in Finance, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. For getting admission in MBA course, you have to apply for CAT, XAT, MAT or CMAT examination, qualify and participate in the counselling process for getting admission in MBA in Finance course. So, being a B.Sc. degree holder, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing MBA in Finance.
15th December 2017, 09:44 AM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

You can pursue Master of Business Administration in Finance after completion of Bachelor's degree in Science.

Competitive entrance exams for admission in MBA course:

Common Admission Test.

Management Aptitude Test.

Xavier's Aptitude Test etc.

You should have 50% marks in bachelor's degree to apply for Common Admission Test.

CAT is national level exam for admission in top Business Schools of India called Indian Institute of Management.
15th December 2017, 01:47 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I have done B.Sc plain science. So, my plan is to do MBA in finance. So, can I go for it because my process in which I am working right now is finance related.

Yes, you can do MBA in Finance without having an honors degree. The minimum eligibility to apply for the MBA in Finance is a 3 year bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent from a recognized university. You need to crack entrance examinations like CAT/ MAT/ TANCET/ XAT/ SNAP, etc. to study MBA in a reputed B-School. First year of the MBA is common for all specializations, from the second year you have to choose your specialization Finance. Therefore, you are eligible to pursue MBA Finance without having an honors degree.
15th December 2017, 03:03 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue MBA after completing B.Sc from Science. But the important thing is that you must be a graduation degree holder as because without completing graduation you will not be able to go for MBA.
You want to opt Finance then it is really good but there are some other streams also and these are mentioned below:-
HR
Marketing
Computer Science
Finance
Mechanics
15th December 2017, 03:49 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can go for MBA in Finance even after completing B.Sc general degree.
This is not compulsory to have an honors degree to pursue MBA.

To pursue MBA the only educational requirement is that you must have a graduation degree whether it is general degree or honors degree. And you must have scored at least 50% marks in graduation degree.
15th December 2017, 06:03 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

MBA refers to Master of Business Administration and for pursuing the same degree course the minimum educational qualification required is a bachelor degree with at least 50% ( or 40%-45% in case you belong to reserved category candidates ) marks from a recognized university.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for MBA being a B.Sc degree holder i.e; not a honors degree holder then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible for MBA as it does not require a honors degree in a particular subject.
15th December 2017, 07:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue Master of Business Administration after Bachelor's degree in plain science. The eligibility criteria is:

Bachelor's degree in streams like science, engineering, computer applications etc are eligible for MBA course.

You should apply for Common Admission Test if you want to get admission in top MBA colleges of India. But for this exam, you should have minimum 50% marks in bachelor's degree.
15th December 2017, 07:17 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

MBA is Master in Business Administration and is a two year master degree course.

The required minimum qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have completed their bachelor degree with 50%.

There is no age limit and number of attempts to appear in examination.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination to appear examination after B.Sc plain science.
16th December 2017, 01:01 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, definitely you can do MBA in Finance after completion of B.Sc course. Those candidates who have completed bachelor's degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university, are eligible for MBA in Finance course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?