6th January 2017, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I study MA English on the basis of commerce graduation?

I am working as an English teacher since last so many years, but I am a commerce graduate and now I am willing to study further. I want study M.A with English. Is it possible to do that?

7th January 2017, 12:16 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I study MA English on the basis of commerce graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am working as an English teacher since last so many years, but I am a commerce graduate and now I am willing to study further. I want study M.A with English. Is it possible to do that?
Yes, of course, you can study MA in English course based on your Commerce Graduation marks. The minimum educational qualification required for MA in English is Graduation or its equivalent qualification in any discipline from a recognized university. It is mandatory the candidate must study English as the main subject in Graduation.
7th January 2017, 01:19 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Yes, you can study the MA English on the basis of commerce graduation in some colleges. The graduates with minimum of 50% marks in English are eligible for the MA English course. The course is useful for those who want to pursue their career in the teaching line. The MA English course is available in the following universities after completion of commerce graduation.

Banasthali University - Official Website

Amity Institute of English Studies and Research - Official Website

Christ University - Official Website

Madurai Kamaraj University - Official Website
7th January 2017, 02:13 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely pursue MA in English being a commerce graduate student. Candidates who have completed their bachelor's degree from a recognized college/university with minimum 50% marks are eligible to pursue the course. But, make sure that you should have studied English as one of your subjects during graduation. Some Universities select the candidates on the basis of merit in graduation and some conduct their own entrance examination to select the eligible candidates.
7th January 2017, 06:00 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to pursue MA in English course on the basis of Commerce course. The basic educational qualification required to pursue M.A in English as follows.

>> Candidates must have completed "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> Candidates must have done "English" as one of the main subjects during Graduation.

>> As you might have studied English as a Main subject during Graduation, I am sure you are eligible to pursue this M.A in English course.

>> The minimum percentage you must have secured in Graduation is 55% marks.
8th January 2017, 12:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No, Commerce student are not eligible for M.A in English.

Those candidates who have completed B.A in English from a recognized university are eligible for M.A English exam.

Your age should be above 18 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?