8th March 2016, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Can I study Mathematical/Applied Statistics being a B.Sc(Statistics) student?

Hello,
Can I study M.Sc in Mathematical Statistics or Applied Statistics by taking B.Sc in Statistics? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it worthy to study MS in Statistics in Abroad being a B.Sc student?
  2. Can I study Mathematical/Applied Statistics being a B.Sc(Statistics) student? -- [New]
  3. Can I study M.Sc(Statistics) in Indian Statistical Institute being a B.Sc(Mathematics) student?
  4. Is it beneficial to study M.Sc(Statistics) in Abroad for B.Sc candidate?
  5. How can I get Inspire Scholarship to study Ph.D being a M.Sc(Statistics) student?
  6. How can I get admission to study M.Sc(Statistics) being a B.Sc(Maths, Statistics and Computer Science) 2nd year student?
  7. Eligibility to study B.Sc in Statistics for a candidate who has completed Higher Secondary with Biological Science?
  8. Eligibility to study B.Sc(Statistics) for 12th Computer Science student?
  9. Is there facility to part time PhD in Statistics or Bio Statistics or Clinical Statistics?
  10. Detailed information and procedure to study B.Sc(Statistics) for 12th Commerce candidate?
  11. Study material for preparation for CSIR NET exam in statistics?
  12. Which are the B.Ed statistics colleges in India?
  13. How can I study PhD with scholarship in Abroad if pursuing Post Graduation in Statistics?
  14. Am I eligible to study Bachelor's Degree in Statistics if pursuing 12th Commerce with Statistics?
  15. Details of course and study material for preparation of M.Sc Statistics at Indian Statistical Institute? Abroad universities that are providing M.Sc Statistical degree?
  16. From job perspective should i choose M.Sc Statistics or MCA course from Kolkata University?
  17. Which are the top 15 MSc Agricultural statistics colleges in India?
  18. Is there any scope in career with B.Sc Statistics? What to do after B.Sc. Statistics? -- [Most Discussed]
12th March 2016, 10:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Mathematical/Applied Statistics being a B.Sc(Statistics) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Can I study M.Sc in Mathematical Statistics or Applied Statistics by taking B.Sc in Statistics? Please let me know as soon as possible.
You have completed B.Sc in Statistics so you are eligible for M.Sc degree in Mathematical Statistics.

Those candidates who have completed B.Sc degree in Mathematics/Statistics from a recognized university are eligible for M.Sc degree in Mathematical Statistics.

Your age should be above 16 years.
13th March 2016, 03:36 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I study Mathematical/Applied Statistics being a B.Sc(Statistics) student?

Yes you are eligible to study Applied Statistics. You need to apply for the Specialization of Applied Statistics in your Masters Course and you are eligible to apply for the course.
So you can study M.Sc in Applied Statistics after B.Sc in Statistics.
13th March 2016, 06:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, B.Sc statistics or maths graduates will surely be eligible for M.Sc in same field. Admission will be on the basis of merit according to the university's or institute's rules.

Most if them conduct entrance exam for admission and some even give admission based on the marks in degree programme.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?