7th February 2014, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Which course to do in Post Graduation being Chemical engineer?

Dear friend

i am a chemical engineer.i completed chemical processing and design engineering also. last 5 months i am working in a lubricant manufacturing company in abroad.now i am planning for studying part time course and i will complete my post graduation,so i got confused.in which course i want to do post graduation.or if i did mba. .which one is better
please send me your opinion

Thanks and Regards

16th February 2014, 12:28 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which course to do in Post Graduation being Chemical engineer?

Being a Chemical engineer,you better to go for M.Tech(Master of Technology) after your Bachelor Degree.So many various course options are available for you.Some of the bet courses in M.Tech are in Chemical Reaction engineering,Coal chemicals and fertilizers,Petroleum exploration and Production,Chemical Plant design,Fluid dynamics,Techhnology of vegetable oils,fats and detergents,Polymer science engineering and more.

Several specializations that you can take up in your M.Tech in Chemical engineering are Membrane Separation process,Design,Modern methods of the chemical analysis,Kinetics and catalysis,simulation and Optimization,Fluid mechanics,Colloid and surface science,Two phase flow,Industrial pollution abatement,Fluid Mechanics and more.

To get a good stream in your M.Tech you must have a better GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) score.So based up on the score you will be given a good stream which you like.Chemical engineering roots are now in Oil and Gas Processing.Also this has some various options such as Pharmaceutical technology,Business studies as well as Food Processing.Generally chemical engineering provides various solutions to the Biotechnological,Oil,Energy,Food and Drink sectors,Pharmaceutical and more.So you can find various job as well as Reserach oriented job in the above industries particularly.So you can try to complete your Masters Degree for a better career.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?