18th July 2017, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Which course will be suitable for B.Ed course, B.Com or BA?

Hi, I am completing ITI in electrician and my dream is teaching and I have to do B.Ed, but I don’t have graduation certificate. I want the certificate. Can I join the degree B.Com or BA which is the better course and I will study in Kannada medium .

19th July 2017, 09:29 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course will be suitable for B.Ed course, B.Com or BA?

In order to study B.Ed course, the basic educational qualification required is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline having one subject as mandatory subject that you will be studied in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course. Each B.Com and BA courses has their own scope.

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, BA (Bachelor of Arts) course would be the best course rather than Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) course.

There are many colleges that offer BA course having one subject in local medium in Karnataka and after successful completion of the course you may pursue Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course in Karnataka.

Make sure you secure minimum 50% marks in Graduation, as there is a certain percentage criteria required to be eligible for joining Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course.
19th July 2017, 11:56 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to pursue B.Ed then you have to decide for which subject you want to become a teacher. If you want to become a commerce teacher then you can choose B.Com and if you want to teach arts then you can choose B.A. So, it depends upon you which subject you want to teach. There is no age limit to pursue B.Ed, therefore you can complete you comfortably complete your graduation and apply for B.Ed.
19th July 2017, 04:59 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am completing ITI in electrician and my dream is teaching and I have to do B.Ed, but I don’t have graduation certificate. I want the certificate. Can I join the degree B.Com or BA which is the better course and I will study in Kannada medium .

Candidates can pursue a BA in Hindi or BA in Kannada or BA in Tamil or BA in English and then pursue B.Ed course. BA is the best course to pursue B.Ed. Candidates after completion of BA + B.Ed course can pursue their career in the teaching profession. They can choose the same subject like Hindi or Kannada or Tamil or English in B.Ed also. Duration of the B.Ed course is two years. Eligibility to study the B.Ed course is a pass in the Bachelor’s Degree like BA, BSc, BCom etc. with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. Candidates are admitted to the B.Ed course through a common entrance test.
20th July 2017, 01:08 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

You can opt any of the above mentioned courses as your Graduation degree course in order to opt for the B.Ed course.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the B.Ed course.
But to apply for any of the B.Com or BA course, you need to complete your class 12th examination in order to be eligible for the Graduate degree course.
22nd July 2017, 12:13 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Eligibility to take admission in B.Ed is that a candidate must be graduate from a recognized university.
For taking admission in b.ed firstly, you have to take admission in graduation in any discipline.
You can take admission in BA, B.Com or any other graduation field according to your choice.
After getting a graduation degree you will be eligible for taking admission in B.Ed.
You Must have minimum 50% marks in graduation.
10th September 2017, 04:36 PM
kunalroy89

No stream of graduation gets more preference for B.Ed. Teachers are required for all subjects be it Arts,Commerce or Science.
You can choose your preferred subjects which is comfortable for you, and complete your graduation in that.
After passing graduation with above 50% marks, you can apply for B.Ed course in several colleges and universities wherever you want.
After B.ed, you can either apply in private schools. If you want to be a govt school teacher, appear for TET in your state or CTET for Kendriya Vidyalayas across the nation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?