2nd October 2017, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Do I need to crack GATE again for M.Tech admission?

Hi, I did my electrical engineering in 2006 with 74% marks in Electrical and Electronics branch from Oriental Institute of Science and Technology. I cracked GATE 2006 once but not gone for Masters that time. After working 10 years. Now, I want to go for Masters. Is it make sense to go for GATE again and pursue M.Tech from IIT in this age.

3rd October 2017, 01:50 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to crack GATE again for M.Tech admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I did my electrical engineering in 2006 with 74% marks in Electrical and Electronics branch from Oriental Institute of Science and Technology. I cracked GATE 2006 once but not gone for Masters that time. After working 10 years. Now, I want to go for Masters. Is it make sense to go for GATE again and pursue M.Tech from IIT in this age.

Yes, you need to crack GATE again for MTech admission. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) validity of scores has been only for three years (from 2015 on wards). Therefore, you have to appear for the GATE again for studying MTech. There is no age limit to apply for the GATE. Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology are eligible to apply for the GATE. You can apply online for the GATE. As mentioned, you have cleared GATE in 2006, it is not valid now for the admission. You have to reappear for the GATE to get admission for MTech.
3rd October 2017, 08:17 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since, you have completed B.Tech degree course in the year of 2006 and cracked the GATE examination in the same year, you were eligible to opt for the Masters degree in that year only. Since, you want to apply for M.Tech course at this instant, you need to qualify the GATE examination once again at this instant. So, just apply and qualify in the GATE examination to opt for the M.Tech course.
3rd October 2017, 10:53 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is the entrance examination conducted by IIT or IISC for admission in Master of Technology. GATE scorecard has become mandatory for job in major Public Sector Undertakings.

The validity of GATE scorecard is of three years. Yes, you need to apply for GATE exam again and crack it if you want to pursue Master of Technology from any AICTE recognized institute.
12th October 2017, 01:38 PM
kunalroy89

Validity of Gate Score card is 3years. As you have passed GATE much before,you need to reapply for fresh exam. Your GATE scorecard from 2006 will not be valid.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?