12th June 2015, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to pursue M.Tech is CSE after doing B.Tech in Biotech stream? Do i need to crack GATE for this?

Hello,

I am a student of B.Tech (biotech) but i do not wish to continue my studies in the same stream in M.Tech. I wish to pursue M.Tech in CSE. Is it possible?
If yes then please tell me whether i need to crack GATE for this or not? Waiting eagerly for your answer.

Related Questions:
  1. From which NIT's or IITs can I pursue M.Tech or Ph.D in biotech? i have passed GATE with 89.36 percentile with 1080 AIR
  2. Which Mtech streams can be taken other than Computers after Btech CSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What is the exact difference between M.Tech and Ph.D Biotechnology? What kind of work one has to do after completion of the course?
  4. If I pursue my M.Tech in CSE will I be eligible for a government lecturer job?
  5. Which exam can i write after 12th?
  6. Should I go for M.Tech after doing B.Tech CSE? Benefits of doing M.Tech? Syllabus of GATE exam?
  7. What are the job oppurtunities available in Btech biotechnology sream?
  8. Can I join Aeronautical Engineering after doing B.E in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  9. Benefits of doing M.Tech after B.Tech? Syllabus of GATE(CSE)? Should I do M.Tech after B.Tech? Study material for the exam?
  10. Which are some of the good salaried jobs after B.Tech Biotech? What are the options available apart form M.Tech?
  11. What are the chances of getting a government seat for M.Tech in or outside Kerala after scoring 298 marks in GATE wih CSE stream?
  12. Is there any preference for BT stream over XL stream during admissions in M.tech in biotech?
  13. Colleges for M.Tech(biotech) with GATE score of 231?
  14. What is the difference between pursuing MBA and M.Tech?
  15. Will any industry accept me after scoring a CGPA of 5?
  16. Which IIT is best to pursue M.tech in CSE stream
  17. How to do M.Tech in Computer Sciences after finishing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  18. How to pursue B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering?

13th June 2015, 09:38 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue M.Tech is CSE after doing B.Tech in Biotech stream? Do i need to crack GATE for this?

No, you cannot pursue M.Tech (CSE) after pursuing B.Tech (Biotechnology).

The minimum eligibility criteria for applying M.Tech (CSE) is that the candidate must hold a bachelor's degree in electronics/ ECE/ EEE/ IT/ CSE/ E&I/ instrumentation or who have completed M.Sc in (CS/ IT/ SE) from a recognized institute/ university.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?