5th March 2015, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

MBA or M.Tech, which is better to study for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student?

Hello everyone,
After completing my B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
which option should I choose?
Whether to join in MBA or M.Tech?
Kindly guide me anyone.

5th March 2015, 09:50 PM
smithapriya

Default Re: MBA or M.Tech, which is better to study for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student?

In India you are not judged by what you have studied but you can select any one of the course based upon your interest and aspiration. Since, you have studied B.Tech so, M.Tech is a good option for you. You can pursue for the field in which you are aspiring to expertise in. You can also apply for MBA course after completing B.Tech, if you are interested in Management field. And don't feel that you're a technical guy and Those candidates who are aspiring to hold managerial positions in Corporate sector then MBA is the right choice.
5th March 2015, 10:36 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MBA or M.Tech, which is better to study for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student?

After completion of your B.Tech course, you can pursue your higher studies in Master's degree courses like M.Tech/M.S/M.B.A, etc. Since, you have selected two courses MBA and M.Tech and you are confused to choose which course. I suggest you to opt the course in which you are interested. If you are interested in Business field or if you want to do business, then, it is best to opt for MBA course. If you are interested in Technology and teaching field, you can pt for MBA course. Both courses have good scope according to job opportunities and career opportunities. So, I suggest you to any one of the course in which you are interested among these two courses.
9th April 2015, 08:52 PM
amanshrivastava98

Since you have pursued a technical degree then in my opinion you should go for the Technical degree i.e. MTech as your Masters.

In MTech you can get admission by writing the GATE examination.

One more benefit you will have after GATE that if you secure a good rank you can also apply various PSUs that recruit the officers through the GATE exam.

Still if you want to change the field and go for MBA then you have to write any of the following examinations because various institutes give the admission through different exams :

* CAT

* MAT

* CMAT

* SNAP

* XAT etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?