21st June 2016, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Does National Institute of Epidemiology conducts entrance exam for Master of Public Health admission?

Hi,
I am Harshada. I want to get admission in National Institute of Epidemiology for Master of Public Health course. I would like to know that this institute conducts its own entrance exam for giving admission?

Related Questions:
  1. Program details of Master of Public Health in National Institute of Epidemiology? Number of seats available?
  2. MPH(Epidemiology and Bio-stats) entrance exam past papers?
  3. The TamilNadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University-M.Sc. in Epidemiology-Epidemiology of diseases of Public Health Importance and Disease Control Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. How to do master in public health through distance mode? I am doing PG in Swasthvritta
  5. When is the all india PG in MD, MS and DNB test?
  6. Is there any entrance exam for master in Public Health? List of the top colleges for master in Public Health in india
  7. Is there any entrance exam available to study Master in Public Health in Manipal University?
  8. Career options for me after BHMS?
  9. When the admission of Master of Public Health will be started in BITS Pilani? Is there any entrance exam for admission?
  10. Previous few years sample papers for Master of Public Health (MPH) entrance exam
  11. Previous few years question papers with answers for MPH (Master of Public Health) entrance exam -- [New]
  12. Which PG course has high salary after doing BSc Nursing?
  13. How to do masters in Public Health through distance mode? I am doing PG in Hospital Management
  14. Which course should I take between M.Sc in Epidemiology and M.Sc in Bacteriology?
  15. List of colleges offering Master of Public Health in India? Scope of this Master Degree?
  16. How can I apply for Master of Public Health (MPH) exam? Is it a multiple choice exam?
  17. How to open a college to offer Master in Public Health course through distance education?
  18. What is the Scope of medical microbiology? -- [Most Discussed]
24th June 2016, 12:43 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does National Institute of Epidemiology conducts entrance exam for Master of Public Health admission?

National Institute of Epidemiology does provide the above mentioned course. However, candidates willing to apply for the course should fulfill the following below mentioned criteria;

Candidate should have an MBBS degree recognized by Medical Council of India. Should be working in public health, preferably in any state or central governemnt department or any other medical Isntitutions.

Should have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in public health Institutions. Candidate's age should not exceed the age of 45 years at the time of admission. Age relaxation is however provided to reserved category candiadtes according to government of India rules.

The admission procedure is divided in 3 stages;

> First the applicants application form is reviewed.

> A written test is conducted if necessary, usually there is no fixed criteria for i, it is just the situation demand.

> The last stage is PI.

Once you clear the stages, you will be very much eligible to get admission in the above mentioned course under the mentioned University.

I have mentioned the official website link below, kindly go through it and have a look.

24th June 2016, 01:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does National Institute of Epidemiology conducts entrance exam for Master of Public Health admission?

National Institute of Epidemiology will select candidates for offering admissions in Master of Public Health course based on the following :-

--> Review of the Application Form
--> Written Test (If necessary)
--> Personal Interview at NIE, Chennai

NIE gives more preference to the candidates sponsored by the Central/State Governments / Union Territories and Armed Forces for offering admission in Master of Public Health course.

To apply for admission in National Institute of Epidemiology for pursuing Master of Public Heath course, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

--> You must have obtained M.B.B.S. degree which is recognized by Medical Council of India.

--> Working in public health, preferably in State or Central Government Department or in Medical institutions, sponsored on deputation for two years on full-time basis.

--> Three years experience in public health related activities

--> Your age can up to 45 years on 1st July of the year of the admission. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per Government rules.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?