9th December 2015, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in NIMCET for a candidate with 70% in BCA and 55% in 12th?

Hello,
I have completed my BCA with 70% but I have got 55% in my 12th standard. I have Mathematics in my 12th as well as in Graduation. I am a general candidate. Am I eligible for NIMCET?

10th December 2015, 03:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in NIMCET for a candidate with 70% in BCA and 55% in 12th?

NIMCET stands for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test. To be eligible to appear in NIMCET examination, the candidate must have completed three years Bachelor's degree with minimum aggregate of 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks from a recognised board with Mathematics/ Statistics/ Business Maths as one of the subjects in any one semester/year, both in graduation and at 10+2 level. Since, you have completed your Bachelor's degree course in BCA with an aggregate of 70% marks, you are eligible to appear in NIMCET examination.
10th December 2015, 04:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in NIMCET for a candidate with 70% in BCA and 55% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have completed my BCA with 70% but I have got 55% in my 12th standard. I have Mathematics in my 12th as well as in Graduation. I am a general candidate. Am I eligible for NIMCET?
You have completed BCA degree so you are eligible for NIMCET exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 60% marks are eligible for NIMCET exam but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.

Age criteria for NIMCET exam:-

Minimum age: 18 years
Maximum age: 25 years
10th December 2015, 10:23 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required apply for NIMCET Entrance Examination:

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NIMCET Entrance Examination with the above mentioned percentage. In order to be eligible for appearing in NIMCET Examination, the minimum percentage required is "60% marks" in Graduate Degree or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. Here is the basic educational qualification required.

>> Candidates must have passed Graduate Degree B.Sc/ BCA/ B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Hons). BIT or its equivalent degree from a recognized university.

>> Candidates must have secured minimum 60% marks or else 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale in Graduation.

>> Since 12th Class percentage is no where asked, I am sure you are eligible to apply for NIMCET Examination as you have secured more than what is required in Graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?