31st March 2015, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility and requirements to become an India Army Officer for MCA female candidate?

Sir,
Currently I am doing MCA and I am a girl
and I am interested to becoming an Indian Army Officer.
Is my degree is sufficient to become an Officer?
What further requirement is?
Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible to join Army if I am female candidate and have done MCA(24 years old)?
  2. Can a 12th Arts passed female candidate apply for any post in Indian Army?
  3. What is the requirement to join Army as an officer? I am doing B.Tech from EC branch
  4. How can i join CDS after completion of graduation by Arts?
  5. How can I become an Indian Army Officer if completed 10th being a 16 years old female candidate? -- [New]
  6. Can I join NDA being an Arts student without having Mathematics?
  7. MCA degree is sufficient to become an Army Officer?
  8. Procedure to apply for NDA after 12th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What are the steps to become an officer in Army? Am I eligible for the same? I am a 22 years old married woman and pursuing MCA(In final year) degree. My husband is working in army
  10. Can a female student join Army Wing? What is the requirement for Females?
  11. Can a female candidate who is the daughter of an ex-army personnel and presently the wife of a serving army officer, apply for the MDS course at the Army College of Dental Sciences at Secunderabad?
  12. Age limit for female candidates in TET exam? What are the other eligibility requirements?
  13. Can I give the test of CDS after passing commerce
  14. Eligibility to apply in IBPS IT Officer Scale-II recruitment for a 31 years old female who has completed MCA 8 years ago?
  15. MCA degree is sufficient to become a Lady Army officer?
  16. Can I give UPSC(IPS) exam after passing 12th with 70% in commerce
  17. Procedure to join Army and Air Force being a female candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech?
  18. Can I get the Army Officer Job pursuing 5th semester MCA? What other jobs I can get in Army?
6th April 2015, 12:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility and requirements to become an India Army Officer for MCA female candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Currently I am doing MCA and I am a girl
and I am interested to becoming an Indian Army Officer.
Is my degree is sufficient to become an Officer?
What further requirement is?
Please reply as soon as possible.
You have completed MCA degree so you are eligible for Indian Army exam through CDS exam exam.

CDS stands for COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE

The educational qualification and age criteria for CDS exam is given below-

To enter the Indian Military Academy you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Air Force Academy you need to get a B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Naval Academy you need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics and your age should be in between 19 to 22 years.

To enter the Officer's Training Academy you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 25 years.
7th April 2015, 10:53 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: Eligibility and requirements to become an India Army Officer for MCA female candidate?

If you are below 25 then you can apply for CDS exam for Officer Training Academy. OTA is mainly for females and it gives you chance to serve in Army.
One needs to be a graduate from any stream and age limit 19-25years to be eligible for OTA.But age limit is very strict and is considered approximately 6months prior to application so that at the starting of training,on selection,he age is 25.And there is considerable gap of 6-8months between application and start of training.So you can apply till the age of 24 approximately.
Check the website of UPSC for details of CDS exam,notifications,previous papers etc.
10th April 2015, 02:14 PM
praddy11
Junior Member+

Good information, good thread !!!! This i bookmark it my cousin want to know this details
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?