15th January 2017, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

How can I pursue Oceanography from Tamil Nadu? Which College in Tamil Nadu offers Oceanography course and will I get a good job after completing the course?

Respected Sir, I want to pursue a degree course in Oceanography so I want to know every detail about the course. I want to know how can I pursue Oceanography from Tamil Nadu? Which College in Tamil Nadu offers Oceanography course and will I get a good job after completing the course? What will be the basic salary after completing the course? Please answer as soon as possible.

21st January 2017, 08:09 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I pursue Oceanography from Tamil Nadu? Which College in Tamil Nadu offers Oceanography course and will I get a good job after completing the course?

If you have a Master's degree or you are doctorate or you have completed your graduation in pure science then, you are eligible for this three years oceanography course. Also a candidate must have minimum 50% marks in his/her 10+2 with pure science (physics, chemistry, mathematics) from a recognized board. Candidate must have the sound knowledge in Chemical, Geological, Physical and Marine biology. At the end of each year candidate has to pass main university exam to get promoted to next year.

Yes, you can pursue this course from Tamil Nadu as well following are the institutes:
Bharathidasan University: Department of Marine Science, Tiruchirappalli (Tamil Nadu)
School of Marine Sciences, Bharathidasan University, Palkalaiperur, Sooriyar Main
Campus, Tiruchirappalli (Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) Dist.) - 620024

Annamalai University:
Annamalai Nagar (Tamil Nadu)
South Arcot, Vallalar , Annamalai Nagar (Cuddalore Dist.) - 608002

Alagappa University:
Karaikudi (Tamil Nadu)
Karaikudi (Sivagangai Dist.) - 630003.

The basic salary of oceanographers in India starts from 20000-30000 per month.
22nd July 2019, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I pursue Oceanography from Tamil Nadu? Which College in Tamil Nadu offers Oceanography course and will I get a good job after completing the course?

I have completed postgraduation in zoolgy.what should I do to become a oceanographer?
21st July 2020, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

What college educate oceanography in tamil nadu
30th November 2020, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

I am a Bsc computer science student can i do oceanography
30th November 2020, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

I am a computer science graduate can i do oceanography
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?