16th November 2016, 09:51 PM
Darshana Gawali

Which stream should I choose in class 12th to pursue Bio-Oceanography? Which is the best college in India for pursuing Bio-Oceanography?

Respected Sir, I am Darshana Gawali and I am in class 11th Science student. I like Bio-oceanography so which stream should I choose in class 12th to pursue Bio-Oceanography? Which is the best college in India for pursuing Bio-Oceanography? What will be the fee structure of the course?

Related Questions:
  1. Prospect of M.Sc in Physical Oceanography? Requirements fro this course? List of colleges and syllabus?
  2. How can I pursue Oceanography from Tamil Nadu? Which College in Tamil Nadu offers Oceanography course and will I get a good job after completing the course?
  3. Is there any entrance exam conducted for B.Sc in Oceanology? Eligibility for B.Sc in Oceanography?
  4. List of colleges which offer B.Sc(Oceanography) in India? Eligibility to get admission?
  5. Subject to choose for Masters in Marine Biology or Oceanography after Engineering in ECE?
  6. Can I get Lateral entry in any recognized Engineering college for pursuing Bio-medical Engineering or Bio-process Engineering after completing DMLT?
  7. Geography graduate can do further studies in Oceanography?
  8. Criteria for admission in M.Sc Oceanography? Institutes offering this course?
  9. Am I eligible to pursue M.Sc in Oceanography after completing B.Sc Physics? From which University can I pursue my Post Graduation? -- [New]
  10. M.Sc in Oceanography is better or M.Sc in Meteorology?
  11. Exact difference between Oceanography, Marine Biology and Marine Microbiology? Are girls allowed in Marine engineering?
  12. Which are the institutes in India for BSc Oceanography and Marine Biology? How to take admission in such institutes?
  13. Are there any institutes in Odisha for Oceonography
  14. Where will I get job after M.Sc Oceanography? How to get into research work through NET/SET?
  15. Courses for marine engineering? Colleges for marine engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. From where to download the CUSAT entrance question paper for Materiology and Oceanography?
  17. Can I do biomedical engineering after 12th? I have chosen PCM and Electronics subject for 11th and 12th science
  18. How to choose Bio after scoring 72% in 10th class?
18th November 2016, 06:42 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 12th to pursue Bio-Oceanography? Which is the best college in India for pursuing Bio-Oceanography?

You must opt Science stream in class 11th after the completion of class 10th from a recognised Board in order to pursue Bio Oceanography after the completion of class 12th.

Colleges offering Bio Oceanography in India:-

Anna University
Address: Sardar Patel Road, Guindy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600025
Phone: 044 2235 7004

Annamalai University
Address: Sadagopan Nagar, Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu 608002
Phone: 04144 238 282

Goa University
Address: Goa University, Taleigao Plateau, Goa 403206
Phone: 0832 651 9048

Mangalore University
Address: Mangalagangotri, Mangalore, Karnataka 574199
Phone: 0824 228 7276

Cochin University
Address: Thrikkakara, South Kalamassery, Kochi, Kerala 682022
Phone: 0484 257 7550

Behrampur University
Address: 760007, Brahmapur, Odisha 760001
Phone: 0680 222 7333

National Institute of Oceanography
Address: Raj Bhavan Rd, Dona Paula, Goa 403004
Phone: 0832 245 6450
18th November 2016, 09:27 PM
pruthvi12dba

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 12th to pursue Bio-Oceanography? Which is the best college in India for pursuing Bio-Oceanography?

To pursue Bio-Oceanography you need to choose Biology group its having more scope in it.

* Pure science group like Physics,Chemistry,Maths & Biology or Physics,Chemistry,Botany,Zoology.

* You can choose any one in this.After that do graduation in any one of the courses which you having more interest.

* B.Sc. in Zoology/Botany/Chemistry/ Fishery Science / Earth Science/Physics/Agriculture/Microbiology.

* Then you are eligible to do the course M.SC Oceanography.

List Of Best Colleges & Universities :

* Alagappa University
* Andhra University
* Annamalai University
* Cochin University of Science and Technology
* Indian Institute of Technology
* Berhampur University
* Goa University
* Mangalore University

Fee Structure : Average 15000 per year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?