12th May 2021, 04:39 AM
Unregistered

Latest eligibility for NET? Do I need to do PhD before appearing in NET?

I have completed my 12th and now I am doing my graduation in BA in english honours and will continue with the same in my post graduation. Can i go for NET by doing post graduation in this field? Do i need to do Phd before appearing for NET? Please clear my query

12th May 2021, 07:48 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Latest eligibility for NET? Do I need to do PhD before appearing in NET?

Latest eligibility for NET is as follows.

Applicant must have completed master degree in relevant subjects with minimum aggregate of 55% from recognized university.

No, You don't need to do PhD before appearing in NET.

On the basis of NET score , applicant can get admission in PhD course.
12th May 2021, 08:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Latest eligibility for NET? Do I need to do PhD before appearing in NET?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and for appearing in the same examination, the minimum education required is a Post Graduation degree in concerned subject with at least 55% marks in aggregate (or 50% marks in aggregate in case of reserved category) from a recognized university.

Further, there is no requirement of PhD for appearing in NET rather NET is a gateway to getting PhD admissions in top universities with fellowship.

For more details regarding NET, you can refer to the link www.ntanet.nic.in.
13th May 2021, 12:11 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility for NET is a candidate must have passed a Master's degree in the relevant field with a minimum score of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. The candidates appearing or awaiting results for their final year examination of Master's degree can also apply for UGC NET. There is no need to do a PhD before appearing in NET only a Master's degree is required. There is no age limit to apply for this examination.

I am also giving you the website link for your reference that is https://www.ugcnetonline.in/
13th May 2021, 01:55 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.

There is no age limit to pursue this course, the candidate should be a citizen of India.
14th May 2021, 03:48 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Latest eligibility criteria for UGC NET 2021:-
✓ Educational Qualification:- Candidates must have secured with at least 55% marks in their Master's Degree or equivalent from recognized universities in Humanities (including languages), Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science, etc.

•• No, it is not compulsory in many universities as they conduct their own research or PhD entrance exam followed by interview or counselling. And if students are NET qualified then they will be exempted from the entrance exam. However, top institutes prefer candidates with NET certificate.
7th June 2021, 02:11 PM
Singhskomal

Hello students,
According to UGC NET exam eligibility are minimum 55% in postgraduate degree (master's degree) with recognized University..
NET exams are entrance exam for ph.d (Doctor in philosophy)...if you want to do research work you clear NET exams...
All the best...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?