27th December 2013, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

M.Tech from SRM is worthy to do? What about future of M.Tech students when only B.Tech students are being highered?

I have completed my bachelors in Aeronautical engg I would like to do my Mtech in SRM.can i know how is the mtech programme in srm is it worth and after mtech how is the placements i think most of the companies are hiring the Btech students only what about mtech students...i am waiting for u r reply

6th January 2014, 10:22 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: M.Tech from SRM is worthy to do? What about future of M.Tech students when only B.Tech students are being highered?

It is nice to see your aspirations for higher studies. Normally it has become a common trend among the modern youth to go for jobs right after the completion of BE/B.Tech course which has given a huge setback to the research and teaching field. Higher studies like M.Tech is essential to revive the research and teaching field with efficient professionals.

Coming to your query, higher studies like M.Tech or MBA should be done in reputed institutions especially government institutions to get a better exposure and also a better job. M. Tech is such a course which requires efficient instruments and equipments which is rare in the private institutions. Moreover, branch like Aeronautical requires certain laboratory equipments which are very costly and need to be imported, hence the private institutions lack these. Moreover, M.Tech will be your final degree if you are not pursuing phD so doing it from a reputed institution is necessary to get preference in any job or research work.

SRM is a very good university providing almost cent percent placement. But you are absolutely right that the placement record is good for the B.Tech students and not for the M.Tech students. M.Tech students get placement in low profile companies and if high profile companies,then the post offered is of lower rank. Hence it is advisable to go for M.Tech programme in IITs or NITs or institutions like Jadavpur, Thapar which are recognized not only nationally but also globally. This will fetch you better learnign experience and exposure. However, if you are totally out options, then you can go for the M.Tech programme in SRM university.
6th January 2014, 11:22 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: M.Tech from SRM is worthy to do? What about future of M.Tech students when only B.Tech students are being highered?

Doing M.Tech after btech is really worth it because b tech is a bachelor degree & M.Tech is a master degree so there is no confusion between these 2 courses because always master degree has more importance than the bachelor degree.

And what you are thinking that companies will higher always btech students this is very wrong thing you have in your mind that only B.Tech students get higher in multinational companies.

M.Tech is a master degree course and many of multinational companies will hire only M.Tech students.

In today time every degree has its on importance and talking about the M.Tech so it is a technical degree and every technical degree has good scope in future many multinational companies like TCS, Infosys, Satyam recruit only M.Tech students in manager place.

Talking about the salary packages so M.Tech students always get high salary package than that of B.Tech students.

Now i think your doubt is clear. And SRM university is a very happy to do M.Tech and this is really worth it to do M.Tech from this university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?