9th September 2014, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have Mathematics in 12th for doing Genetic Engineering?

hello i am doing my 11th standard studies now.I have interest in biology and not in mathematics.I heard about the genetic engineering courses after 12th. So is it necessary to have mathematics for doing this genetic engineering course?
and please tell me the entrance exams for this course..... THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Related Questions:
  1. Is Mathematics compulsory for studying genetic engineering?
  2. Best colleges of genetic engineering in India after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to do genetic engineering after doing 12th with PCM?
  4. Is Mathematics necessary for genetic engineering? I am a BIPC student
  5. What is the qualification for genetic engineering after passing 12th exam? What are the colleges offeirng genetic engineering?
  6. Career options in Genetic Engineering? Can we get a good package in this field? Can I do it after 12th? What is the procedure for it?
  7. Procedure and eligibility criteria for genetic engineering?
  8. Can I join genetic engineering without B.Tech?
  9. Can I join Genetic Engineering after 12th without having Maths in 11th? Which colleges in India offer Genetic Engineering course?
  10. Genetic Engineering: Percentage required in 12th and which subjects to choose to study genetic engineering later?
  11. What am I supposed to do for Genetic Engineering after 12th without Maths?
  12. Subjects which I should opt in 11th and 12th to take up Genetic Engineering? Which entrance exams to give?
  13. Which are the colleges offering genetic engineering in Maharashtra? Marks required to apply for genetic engineering? Which are the other competitive exams for genetic engineering?
  14. Is it compulsory to have Biology as your subjects in 12th to do genetic engineering?
  15. Marks required in 12th for admission to Genetic Engineering?
  16. How to join genetic engineering after completing 12th?
  17. Names of colleges offering Genetic Engineering in Nagpur and Pune?
  18. Can I do Genetic Engineering after 12th PCB without Maths? List of colleges offering genetic engineering in Nagpur?
14th September 2014, 10:36 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to have Mathematics in 12th for doing Genetic Engineering?

Yes mathematics in very essential for Genetic Engineering course. You must have passed 10+2 with Chemistry, Biology and Maths from a recognized board of education.

For admission in Genetic Engineering course from IITs, you have to apply for JEE Main and Advanced. Hence, it is very important to score good marks in 10+2 and also in the JEE. IITs are the best for Genetic Engineering course.

There are other colleges too for genetic engineering course. They conduct their own entrance examination and you can apply for them also. The entrance examination will have objective type questions related to biology, chemistry and maths. Therefore, give special attention to these subjects. Also study genetic engineering separately as a subjects for better preparation.

You can do Genetic Engineering courses from following colleges.

1. Kakatiya University
2. JNU, Delhi
3. IIT, Kharagpur
4. IIT, Roorkee
5. Osmania University
6. IIT, Kanpur
7. Amity University
27th September 2014, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it necessary to have Mathematics in 12th for doing Genetic Engineering?

I am 12th sci'student and l have just biology so can i enter in ginetik engineeiring?
20th January 2015, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

what if i am a bipc student can i not have a seat in genitic engeneering
15th April 2015, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Is genetic engineering is more valuable in all over the world??If it so ,in which countries it is more valuable?
11th October 2015, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Which universities are offering genitic engineering in andhra pradesh?
15th January 2016, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

How many percentage should we need in 12th to get addimition genetic engineering.. Is maths Is necessary in 12th for genetic engineering
30th January 2016, 02:22 AM
Unregistered

Which universities in America or London or India or China can i study genetic engineering
14th July 2016, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 11 , PCB and I have an interest to study genetics engineering . So how should I proceed furthur in order to study it without maths?

_Anisha Roy
1st August 2017, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

I am a bipc student without having maths as the core subject. Am I eligible for the genetic engineering course?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?