11th May 2011, 12:04 PM
howards

Can I join genetic engineering without B.Tech?

I am a student passed 12th now and i wanted to do genetic engineering so can i know that genetic engineering without b tech as i have nat taken maths ????????

19th January 2012, 08:04 PM
jeevi12

Default Re: Can I join genetic engineering without B.Tech?

For genetic engineering Biology,Mathematics and Chemistry is compulsory in 12th.
Instead of B.Tech you can not do genetic engineering.
19th January 2012, 08:51 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

I think you are confused or does not have a clear idea.

Look B.tech is a graduate degree in engineering.

And genetic Engineering is a part of Engineering.

So Genetic engineering and B.tech are not two different things, but they are related and belong to a same field.

But the criteria for Genetic Engineering is slightly different from other B.tech courses.

Eligibility for genetic engineering:

The basic eligibility criteria for a graduate degree (BE / B.Tech) is 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology.

If you fulfill the criteria, you are eligible.

Duration:

4 years of engineering course...

But since you have not taken maths in 12th, you can not apply for Genetic Engineering.
19th January 2012, 11:37 PM
adithyaparavastu

hi,

A qualified genetic engineer, must have a graduate / postgraduate degree in genetics or related fields such as biotechnology, molecular biology, microbiology or biochemistry OR a doctorate (PhD) from a recognised university, based on 2-3 years of his own research under the guidance of a professor/lecturer.

The basic eligibility criteria for a graduate degree (BE / B.Tech) is 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology OR a bachelors degree in science or molecular biology.
9th March 2012, 07:20 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

I think you are confused or does not have a clear idea.

Look B.tech is a graduate degree in engineering.

And genetic Engineering is a part of Engineering.

So Genetic engineering and B.tech are not two different things, but they are related and belong to a same field.

But the criteria for Genetic Engineering is slightly different from other B.tech courses.

Eligibility for genetic engineering:

The basic eligibility criteria for a graduate degree (BE / B.Tech) is 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology.

If you fulfill the criteria, you are eligible.

Duration:

4 years of engineering course...

But since you have not taken maths in 12th, you can not apply for Genetic Engineering.
30th May 2012, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I have completed 12th with PBC, now can I join Genetic engineering?, as I am interested. Please give me detailed information.
18th October 2013, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

can i join genetic engineering?while taking computer science
17th March 2015, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

sar iam an science student and iam doing my bsc zoology in vellore but my ambition is to become genetic engineer how can i get it ?
30th June 2023, 11:32 PM
nikhilprecision1
Banned

Yes, you can pursue a career in Genetic Engineering without a B.Tech degree. While some universities or institutions may offer Genetic Engineering programs as part of their B.Tech curriculum, there are other pathways available to enter the field.

Here are some alternative ways to pursue a career in Genetic Engineering:

Bachelor's Degree: Instead of pursuing a B.Tech in Genetic Engineering, you can opt for a Bachelor's degree in Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or a related field. These programs provide a strong foundation in biological sciences and relevant subjects, which are essential for a career in Genetic Engineering.

Integrated Courses: Some universities offer integrated courses that combine both undergraduate and postgraduate studies. For example, you can consider a five-year integrated program such as B.Tech + M.Tech in Biotechnology or Genetic Engineering. This allows you to gain both technical and specialized knowledge in the field.

Master's Degree: If you have completed a Bachelor's degree in a related field, you can pursue a Master's degree in Genetic Engineering, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, or a related discipline. This will provide you with advanced knowledge and specialization in Genetic Engineering.

Diploma or Certification Programs: There are diploma or certification programs available in Genetic Engineering or related fields that can provide you with specific skills and knowledge in the subject. These programs are often shorter in duration and focus on practical aspects of the field.

Research Experience: Engaging in research projects, internships, or hands-on laboratory experience in Genetic Engineering can be beneficial in building your skills and expertise. You can seek research opportunities at universities, research institutions, or biotechnology companies to gain practical experience in the field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?