27th June 2015, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to secure 60% in B.E. to study correspondence M.Tech?

Hi Sir,
I have completed my B.E. and I am working in a company. I want do M.Tech in correspondence. I have scored 59% in my B.E. But all my friends told like 60% wants to do the M.Tech in correspondece. Is it true or not?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do M.Tech in correspondence after completing B.E? I have scored 59% in B.E
  2. Does BITS offer correspondence M.Tech/M.E in embedded systems? What is the procedure to join?
  3. Is it necessary to secure 60% in B.E. to study correspondence M.Tech? -- [New]
  4. Procedure to join for MTECH correspondence course? Mtech correspondence program providing colleges in Bangalore. -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How to do correspondence M.Tech in CSE?
  6. Eligibility and procedure to join M.Tech course?
  7. List of colleges in Haryana providing correspondence M.Tech course? Does IGNOU offer any M.Tech course through distance mode? Fee structure of the same?
  8. Do i need to crack any entrance exam to join correspondence course in M.Tech? Which colleges in Delhi offer such course?
  9. Where can I continue my 2nd year of BSc Computer Science Correspondence?
  10. Am i eligible for M.Tech (correspondence) in Karnataka under VTU? I've completed BE(CSE) with 54.5% under VTU
  11. How to do M.Tech after completing MCA?
  12. Which course is better to study by correspondence for IT employees
  13. Which is the best college in Bangalore for M.Tech Computer Science through Correspondence?
  14. How to join M.Tech course having completed BE in ECE in the year of 2009?
  15. Is the defense service secure for girls? How can I study to get in?
  16. Can I study Law course in Correspondence having done BA course in Correspondence and being a House Wife?
  17. How to study BL through correspondence?
  18. Possibility to study correspondence M.Sc(Agricultural Economics) if completed B.Sc in Economics? List of correspondence universities in India?
29th June 2015, 08:23 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to secure 60% in B.E. to study correspondence M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir,
I have completed my B.E. and I am working in a company. I want do M.Tech in correspondence. I have scored 59% in my B.E. But all my friends told like 60% wants to do the M.Tech in correspondece. Is it true or not?
There is no such minimum marks required for M.Tech through Correspondence. You are eligible to apply for M.Tech through Correspondence after completing B.E course.

- The qualification needed for the M.Tech in Correspondence, is a pass in Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) or equivalent qualification from a recognized university. Those who are appearing for the last year B.E program is also qualified to apply.

- The aspirants need to obtain at least 50% in the entrance test. Some colleges are conducting an aptitude exam and an interview for the admission of M.Arch.

Karnataka State Open University
Manasagangotri, Mysore,
Karnataka.
Tel: +91-49254900-99

Alagappa University
Karaikudi – 630 003
Tamil Nadu
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax: +91 – 4565 – 225202
Tel: 91-4565-228080

Yashawantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
Dnyangangotri,
Near Gangapur Dam.
Nashik,
Maharashtra, India
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0253-2231714 / 2230470

Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University
46, Dr G Rami Redy Marg,
Jubilee Hills,
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Tel: EPABX No. 23680 000

Kurukshetra University
Kurukshetra, Haryana, India
Tel: 01744-238518

Tamil Nadu Open University
Directorate of Technical Education Campus,
Guindy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Fax: 22200601
Tel: 22200501

Kakatiya University
Warangal, Andhra Pradesh, India
Tel: 0870-2438877
29th June 2015, 11:43 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to secure 60% in B.E. to study correspondence M.Tech?

It is quite inspiring to see your spirit of learning even being a working professional. You can definitely do M.Tech in correspondence. No, it is not necessary to score 60% or above in B.E in order to pursue M.Tech course. You can pursue M.Tech via correspondence mode with your percentage of 59% in your B.E. You can also pursue M.Tech as a full time degree with this percentage.
30th June 2015, 12:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir,
You have completed B.E degree with 59% so you are eligible for M.Tech course. Because it is not necessary to secure above 60% in B.E degree.

But you must have valid GATE score.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
30th June 2015, 04:28 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue M.Tech course with 59% according to the provisions laid down.

However, below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for M.Tech course.

Kindly have a look at it.

Eligibility:

> You must have a B.tech degree in Civil, Mechanical, Computer Science, Electronics, Chemical Engineering or any allied field of study with a minimum of 60% from a recognised University

> You should have passed with a cutoff percentage as prescribed by the concerned university from where you are planning to pursue your M.Tech course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?