25th August 2012, 09:06 PM
kanika shukla

How to do M.Tech after completing MCA?

i have completed my m.c.a .. now i want to do mtech.. is that really beneficial to me or not?? and what is a procedure to do mtech correspondence from kurukshetra university???

25th October 2012, 05:24 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do M.Tech after completing MCA?

After MCA, you can seek admission to M.Tech by qualifying GATE exam. Pursuing the course will be beneficial for better career opportunities and increased salary. Admissions in Kurukshetra University are offered either on the basis of GATE score or through University conducted entrance exams. Detailed information can be collected from the M.Tech prospectus issued by Kurukshetra University.
25th October 2012, 08:46 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanika shukla View Post
i have completed my m.c.a .. now i want to do mtech.. is that really beneficial to me or not?? and what is a procedure to do mtech correspondence from kurukshetra university???
Sorry, to say that but you can not take admission in M.Tech after completing your MCA according to the Qualification require for M.Tech......

>> A candidate who have completed their Graduation Degree in Engineering B.E/B.Tech are eligible for applying M.Tech.....

>> A candidate must have passed his/her GATE exam with Good Score.....

>> And according to the GATE score he/she may got admission in M.E or M.Tech.........
25th October 2012, 09:55 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
If you ask me M.Tech will be much better than MCA as MBA gives you much opportunities and career options than MCA.
You should also note that MCA is a three years course and you can save a year by doing M.Tech.
Eligibility for M.Tech
1.You should have completed Bachelors degree in engineering or technology with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized university
2.You should also clear the entrance exams like
GATE
PGCET
SRMEE
VITEEE
GRE etc.........
26th December 2012, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to do M.Tech regular, after completing Msc (Computer Science) or MCA? & what is the procedure to take admission in M.Tech
8th January 2013, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

i finished bca and doing mca whether i can do mtech or not....?or phd or mphil
14th January 2013, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing MCA correspondence from PUNJAB TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY.
am i eligible for MTech. after that. if then please tell me about the college or university....!
14th February 2013, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

i have completed mca and now i want to do m.tech
what should i do
14th February 2013, 07:17 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

MCA stands for the Master of Computer applications.If you want to go for the M.tech that is master of technology then you have to give GATE examination and clear it.

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude test in engineering.If you clear this exam,you will have chance to pursue your degree from the top institutes like Indian Institute of technology.

The educational qualifications required for this examination is :

Bachelor of technology or engineering from a recognized university or master's degree in computer applications/mathematics/science/statistics.

There is no restriction on age .

Examination pattern is as below:

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan78
14th February 2013, 07:53 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Hello friend you can do M.Tech after completing MCA
General Eligibility for M.Tech
1. The candidates having B.Tech/B.E degree can join or MCA, MBA or M.SC PG degree candidates can also aply
2. There will be a entrance exam conducted for M.Tech
3. You can apply for GATE exam for which the score card will be valid for 2 years
all the best........
15th August 2013, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Which college is best for mca in terms of placement??
21st August 2013, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

i did mca under vtu. now can i do mtech under vtu? which subject can take in mtech?
11th September 2013, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

CAN I DO MCA AFTER PART TIME MCA FROM MUMBAI UNIVERSITY
21st September 2013, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

NOw i'm doing MCA in IGNOU ,Can i do M.Tech (regular) after compleying MCA.
6th November 2013, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

Its my humble request to you not to do m.tech after MCA.... why i am telling like this means... i am the victim here i have done m.tech after my mca..... instead of doing m.tech go for p.hd..... i am suffering a lot with my qualification... no value for m.tech after MCA.... ur degree will dont be valid... this is my advice to u ... dont waste ur time...
6th January 2014, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

I have passed MCA from PTU (Distance Mode).Can I do M.Tech. from any university or DOECC C-level. I also have three year teaching experience
28th February 2014, 07:29 AM
Unregistered

Can i do after mca m.tech of one year because both degree are master level its possible from m.d.u rohtak
20th March 2014, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my m.c.a .. now i want to do mtech..and what is a procedure to do mtech correspondence from osmania University
21st March 2014, 06:56 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Having completed MCA course, I don't think it is a good choice for you of opting for M.Tech course.

The reason being you have already done one Post Graduation course with the duration of 3 years which is MCA and there is no need of doing another Post Graduation course which is M.Tech for getting job opportunities.

On the basis of your MCA itself, you can apply for various job opportunities in several top IT companies like
TCS
Wipro
Infosys
Microsoft
Oracle
Google etc.

You should have scored a minimum of 60% of marks in all your academic levels in order to be eligible to apply for the selection procedure.

If you have profound interest to join M.Tech course, then I suggest you to opt for this course in distance mode and that too after being placed in job.

The admission for M.Tech course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

You can prepare for GATE Exam which is the popular exam to join M.Tech course. In addition, there are some state level Entrance Exams also to join M.Tech course.

The reason why I am suggesting like this is, it will take 2 years to study M.Tech course. Within this time, you can get hands on work experience. Moreover you are not sure whether you will get admission in a top college or not.

The ultimate thing is that go with your interest.

Wish you all the best.
24th March 2014, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

i hava completed mca. i deceded i want to do mtech. it is possibe and will i get scholorship in mtech?
23rd June 2014, 05:54 AM
Unregistered

i have completed MCA and want to study further , plesae guide me either i go for M.Tech or go for PhD
4th June 2015, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

First I complete 12 in Arts after I completed Degree in BCCA(B.com. Computer Application ) and Now I pursuing Mca Lat year till the june I compeled My MCA(Engg) Master Degree. So can I take Admission in M.Tech Please Give Me Proper Direction And Suggestion If Better Than M.Tech
22nd December 2015, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

hi
i completed MCA i am very much interested in teaching but as per norms MCA graduates are not eligible to teach the b.tech students so i am decided to do the m.tech please tell me the process of m.tech entrance exmas.
1st February 2016, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

hi
i completed MCA in Sikkim Mani pal university Distance Education i am decided to do the m.tech please tell me the process of m.tech entrance exmas.
2nd February 2016, 09:54 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Information Regarding M.Tech Course.

MCA is known as the Master of Computer Application. It is the post graduate level degree. If you already completed the MCA course then why you interested in MTech.

If you are interested to get job then after completing the MCA course you can get a job in the MNC company. There are many company in India that offer job to MCA candidate. So, i think that there is no need to pursue M.Tech course after completing the MCA course because you have already a post graduate candidate.

After MCA you can also prepare for the government job like Civil Services examination, SSC, Bank PO, BPSC ...etc. So, don't worry and look for the ahead career.
8th February 2016, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am pursuing MCA final year anyhow, but not interested in SOFTWARE or IT fields. despite this I want to do M Tech civil. Is this possible to do this for me in coming next year
27th March 2017, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

I working in telecom sector there is required b.tech but I have MCA degree. So I want do b.tech after MCA. It is possible?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?