13th April 2015, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to secure 60% in B.Tech to appear in CAT if pursing from JNTU, Hyderabad?

Hi.
I have 90% in 10th and 12th.
I have 55% in B.Tech.
That means I am eligible for CAT right?
Is the minimum percentage for CAT (i.e 50%) common for all the B.Tech colleges all over India or varies from university to university?
I just heard from a friend that you need 60% in B.Tech. If you're studying in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. (My college is affiliated to JNTU)
Can I get a clear picture, please?

15th April 2015, 01:24 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: Is it necessary to secure 60% in B.Tech to appear in CAT if pursing from JNTU, Hyderabad?

There is no such bias or discrimination. All the Universities and all the courses are treated equally.
One must have Bachelor's degree from UGC recognized university with above 50% marks for general and 45% for reserved.
You have the required criteria so you are eligible.

None of the national or state exams for jobs or higher education have any such discrimination university wise.It was foolish from your part to believe such rumors. Prepare well and qualify
15th April 2015, 04:00 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it necessary to secure 60% in B.Tech to appear in CAT if pursing from JNTU, Hyderabad?

No, it is not necessary to secure 60% in B.Tech to appear for CAT examination. What you heard from your friend. It is totally false information. CAT i.e Common Admission Test is conducted by Indian Institute of Management once in a year for admission to MBA course. CAT exam notification will be published in the month of August/September in the official website of CAT. The examination will be conducted in the month of October/November.

Eligibility Criteria for CAT:

The applicant must have hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Applicant must have obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate for general candidates and 50% marks in aggregate for reserved categories. Those applicant’s who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply.

The CAT eligibility criterion has not changed. CAT eligibility criteria are common for all the bachelor's degree candidates. So, don't worry about that. You are definitely eligible to apply. Concentrate on your preparation. It is not easy to crack the CAT examination without proper preparation.
15th April 2015, 07:20 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

The Percentage requirement to appear for CAT exam is same for each and every candidate, irrespective of the universities, from where they have completed or pursuing their Bachelor's courses. As per CAT eligibility criteria, Candidates who have completed their Bachelor's degree with minimum 50% of marks(45% of marks on case of SC/ST candidates) are eligible to apply for CAT exam. So, if you can secure minimum 50% of marks in your graduation, you can apply for CAT exam.
15th April 2015, 09:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed B.Tech from a recognized college then you need only 50% marks for becoming eligible for CAT. There is no differentiation in qualification according to CAT notification, therefore, don't worry and be prepared for the exam. JNTU Hyderabad is a recognized university and you are definitely eligible for the exam.
15th April 2015, 09:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi.
I have 90% in 10th and 12th.
I have 55% in B.Tech.
That means I am eligible for CAT right?
Is the minimum percentage for CAT (i.e 50%) common for all the B.Tech colleges all over India or varies from university to university?
I just heard from a friend that you need 60% in B.Tech. If you're studying in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. (My college is affiliated to JNTU)
Can I get a clear picture, please?
No, it is not necessary to secure 60% in B.Tech to appear in CAT exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. CAT examination is conducted by IIM's every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA colleges.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam.

For SC/ST candidates the percentage is 45 % in graduation. There is no age limitation for the candidates. Final year student are also eligible for CAT exam.

For more details about CAT exam ,you can visit to the official website http://www.catiim.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?