28th January 2014, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Which one is better PGDM or MBA?

I have a debating issue with me "pgdm or mba degree ?" So please discuss that which one's better pgdm or mba..?

4th February 2014, 04:47 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which one is better PGDM or MBA?

M.B.A --- MASTERS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
P.G.D.M --- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT
So I am here to clear doubt which have.Basically MBA is a postGraduate degree which can be done after Graduation.Where as the Post Graduate diploma in Management is a Diploma certificate course.

As far as I am concerned I would recommend you to for PG course MBA rather than going for Diploma certificate course PGDM.You need to be concerned about the University that you are going to choose.Because it plays very major role in your career.For instance I am giving you below,

P.G.D.M from Best University or IIM == M.B.A From a recognized college

So If you are willing to go for PGDM,then surely look for the Good university.Other wise your PGDM course worth nothing.So be careful while choosing the university that you are going to Pursue.If you have completed your PGDM Course from a best IIM then,the certificate given by the IIM will be useful to you for getting good jobs and even other careers.

There are so many career opportunities for you with MBA post graduation degree,Of course there is a good scope in near future.But where as with the PGDM you can not expect those many career opportunities better than with MBA.You need to keep this in mind that,Only Institutes affiliated to the best universities can Offer this MBA degree.
The remaining institutions other than the above colleges may offer this PGDM course.Since it is a diploma program,it might be its disadvantage.

So finally I would recommend you to go for MBA rather than PGDM.Because there is a good scope even in the coming market.Even the candidates from MBA can demand much more than the candidates from PGDM course.Go for MBA surely for better future.
11th March 2014, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

sir iam doing MBA first year in bharathiar university. please send me previous 5 years question papers.
1st June 2015, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

I am very confused in selecting course as which one is good to do MBA or pgdm and which will b useful in future plz help me
27th June 2020, 02:28 PM
soumitnanda

Heyy Buddy,
M.B.A --- MASTERS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
P.G.D.M --- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT
So I am here to clear doubt which have.Basically MBA is a postGraduate degree which can be done after Graduation.Where as the Post Graduate diploma in Management is a Diploma certificate course.

As far as I am concerned I would recommend you to for PG course MBA rather than going for Diploma certificate course PGDM.You need to be concerned about the University that you are going to choose.Because it plays very major role in your career.For instance I am giving you below,

P.G.D.M from Best University or IIM == M.B.A From a recognized college

So If you are willing to go for PGDM,then surely look for the Good university.Other wise your PGDM course worth nothing.So be careful while choosing the university that you are going to Pursue.If you have completed your PGDM Course from a best IIM then,the certificate given by the IIM will be useful to you for getting good jobs and even other careers.

There are so many career opportunities for you with MBA post graduation degree,Of course there is a good scope in near future.But where as with the PGDM you can not expect those many career opportunities better than with MBA.You need to keep this in mind that,Only Institutes affiliated to the best universities can Offer this MBA degree.
The remaining institutions other than the above colleges may offer this PGDM course.Since it is a diploma program,it might be its disadvantage.

So finally I would recommend you to go for MBA rather than PGDM.Because there is a good scope even in the coming market.Even the candidates from MBA can demand much more than the candidates from PGDM course.Go for MBA surely for better future. I hope this article has helped you out in solving your issue
All the best
Thank you
Have a great year ahead.
7th March 2022, 07:29 PM
Pihupratha

MBA stands for Master in Business Management.

PGDM stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Management.

There is a little difference between MBA and PGDM.

MBA is a Post Graduate Degree in Business Administration and PGDM is a Post Graduate Diploma course in Management.

According to the comparison between both, MBA is far better than PGDM.

You will have to decide that what you want to opt between both.
9th September 2022, 10:03 PM
harika bajji

I think MBA is better than PGDM.Because this is the good scope even in the coming market.Even MBA candidates can demand much more than PGDM course.
9th April 2023, 10:56 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Both PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) and MBA (Master of Business Administration) are professional management courses that aim to develop business and leadership skills in students. However, there are some differences between the two courses, and which one is better depends on your individual goals and preferences.

One of the main differences between PGDM and MBA is the type of institutes that offer them. PGDM programs are typically offered by autonomous institutes approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), while MBA programs are offered by universities and affiliated colleges. PGDM programs tend to be more industry-oriented and flexible in terms of curriculum and teaching methodology, while MBA programs are more academic-oriented and follow a fixed syllabus.

Another difference is the level of specialization offered. PGDM programs often offer a wide range of specializations such as Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Entrepreneurship, while MBA programs may have fewer specializations and a broader curriculum.

When it comes to employment opportunities, both PGDM and MBA are highly valued by employers, and the choice between the two courses may not make a significant difference in terms of job prospects. What matters more is the reputation and accreditation of the institute, the quality of the faculty, the industry connect, and the overall academic and professional exposure.

In summary, the choice between PGDM and MBA depends on your individual goals, preferences, and circumstances. If you prefer a more industry-oriented and flexible program, PGDM may be a better option. If you prefer a more academic-oriented and structured program, MBA may be a better fit. It's important to research the specific programs and institutes you're interested in, and consider factors such as curriculum, faculty, reputation, placements, accreditation, and alumni network before making a decision.
27th June 2023, 08:10 AM
nikhilprecision1
Banned

Both PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) and MBA (Master of Business Administration) are valuable and widely recognized qualifications in the field of management.

Curriculum and Specializations: The curriculum and specialization options can vary between PGDM and MBA programs.

Accreditation and Recognition: Ensure that the program or institute you choose is recognized and accredited by relevant governing bodies. Look for institutes that are approved by statutory bodies like the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or the University Grants Commission (UGC).

Practical Orientation: PGDM programs typically emphasize practical learning and industry exposure. They often include case studies, projects, internships, and guest lectures from industry experts. MBA programs can have a more theoretical or academic focus.

Brand Value and Reputation: Consider the reputation and brand value of the institute offering the program. Prestigious institutes with a strong track record of alumni success may carry more weight in terms of industry recognition and networking opportunities.

Industry Connections and Placements: Research the industry connections and placement track record of the institutes offering the programs.

Flexibility: MBA programs are often offered by universities and may provide more flexibility in terms of program duration, part-time options, and evening/weekend classes. PGDM programs offered by autonomous institutes, tend to have a more structured and full-time format.
30th June 2023, 10:33 PM
Ar_pit

MBA is an old version for those wishing to pursue management studies, a two-year diploma course PGDM, Post Graduate Diploma in Management sounds better. Generally, the PGDM course is far more industry-relevant and practical as far as the job market is concerned.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?