12th March 2015, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Post Graduation in Hotel Management after B.Com? Recommended institutes for it?

Is it possible to do post graduation in hotel management after doing b.com? If yes then some good institutes for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to do post graduation in Hotel Management after completing Electrical Engineering?
  2. Institutes which offers Post Graduation Diploma in Hotel Management through correspondence in Mumbai?
  3. Which would be better for me MBA in Hotel Management or M.Sc in Hotel Management? Difference between both of them?
  4. What is the course duration of Master of Hotel Management program? How much salary I will get after completing MHM?
  5. In which university I should take admission to study Post Graduation in Hotel Management in Abroad after completing B.Com?
  6. Is there any difference between PG in Hotel Management and MBA in Hotel Management?
  7. Date of entrance exam for MSc(2 years) Hotel Management course? Institutes conducting this course in India?
  8. Can i take up Hotel Management as a career after 11th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Is there any possibility to do HM course after passing 12th?
  10. What is the syllabus followed for Post Graduation in Hotel Management?
  11. Information about Master degree course in Hotel Management?
  12. Post Graduation colleges in India for Hotel Management? Duration of the course?
  13. Can I apply for B.Com after taking commerce without Maths?
  14. Eligibility for doing Hotel Management? Courses which I should opt? List of top HM institutes in India?
  15. List of colleges, course duration and prospects of Post graduation in Hotel Management?
  16. List of career options available for a 12th passed candidate? I'm a commerce student with computer science
  17. Bachelor degree in Hotel management is possible after B.Com?
  18. List of colleges which offers Master of Hotel Management course in India for B.Com graduate?
9th April 2015, 01:49 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Post Graduation in Hotel Management after B.Com? Recommended institutes for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possible to do post graduation in hotel management after doing b.com? If yes then some good institutes for it?
Yes, it is possible for you to do a Master Degree in Hotel Management after completing B.Com. You can apply for MBA in Hotel Management, which is having good scope in both the Government and Private sectors. Hotel Management is totally different from Commerce stream. So, I suggest you to think once again before pursue for Hotel Management. Those candidates who have completed their Graduation with 50% of marks are eligible to apply for MBA in Hotel Management.

The candidate must pass the selection process of the respective University to get admission into the MBA in Hotel Management course. Most of the Universities offer admission to this MBA in Hotel Management course through entrance tests or some reputed MBA colleges may also accept the CAT, MAT score as well.

College of Hospitality and Tourism
Meadows campus 12/1 Mathura Road Faridabad,
PIN - 121003

Rawal Institute of Management
Sohna Road, Near Zakopur, Faridabad

Hi Tech School of Catering and Hotel Management
No 338, poonamallee High road, PIN : 600106

Government Polytechnic, Vijayawada
Government Polytechnic, Ring Road, Vijayawada.

K.N. Polytechnic, Hyderabad
Address: Nampally Exibition Ground, Mukkaram Jahi Road, Abids,,
Hyderabad, Telangana 500001
9th April 2015, 11:51 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Post Graduation in Hotel Management after B.Com? Recommended institutes for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

To do post graduation in hotel management which is of 2 years duration there are certain qualifications which are needed to be satisfied. Having completed B.com which is a undergraduate course and wanting to join in this course the candidate need to have completed a degree from a recognized university with at least 50% aggregate.

There are entrance exams which are conducted in India for candidates to join in MBA hospital management and some of them are:
  • MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST (MAT)
  • AIMS TEST FOR MANAGEMENT ADMISSIONS (ATMA)
  • COMMON ADMISSION TEST (CAT)
  • IBS APTITUDE TEST (IBSAT)
  • INTEGRATED COMMON ENTRANCE TEST (ICET)
  • FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (FMS)
  • INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE (IIFT)
  • JOINT MANAGEMENT ENTRANCE TEST (JMET)
  • MAHARASHTRA MBA COMMON ENTRANCE TEST (MAH - MBA/MMS CET )
  • NARSEE MONJEE MAT (NMAT )
  • SYMBIOSIS NATIONAL APTITUDE TEST (SNAP)
  • XLRI (XAT )

There are qualifications which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the respected exam.

Top Colleges for MBA Hospital Management in India:

• Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development
  • Institute of Hotel Management (IHM)
  • Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA)
  • Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Aurangabad
  • Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Chennai
  • Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Kolkata
  • Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Ahmedabad
  • Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Bangalore
  • Christ College
  • Delhi Institute of Hotel Management
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?