10th March 2014, 11:01 AM
singh.gurmeet

Should I do a PG Diploma or Masters Overseas?

Hi,

I am a mechanical engg. final year student & want to settle overseas & also do my masters in the field of engg. . So I want to know which would be a more practical approach for me to do so. Should I first do a PG Diploma or any other short term course & then apply for the PR and after i get the PR go for a job & then after sometime in job do the masters thus by the time I would have a much clearer picture of the subject to take up in masters and as a PR it would be much cheaper OR should I straight away go for the Masters ??

Possible Countries--Canada,US,Germany

5th May 2014, 08:05 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Should I do a PG Diploma or Masters Overseas?

Post graduate diploma in mechanical engineering is the best idea to grow up in future. The mechanical branch is a royal branch which is most demanding branch in nowadays. The job opportunities in this branch are more because of a lot of companies are recruiting the students. The students cannot sit with jobless if they study a little hard. Some companies also recruit from third year of the bachelor degree and all the companies are giving a high package to the students.

You are now in final year and also want to settle in overseas that is the good idea because of the education pattern and facilities are best as comparing with our country. You also want to study master degree in mechanical branch. If you want to do so you have to go for the abroad like Canada, United State, Germany as mentioned by you.

As per your thinking your ideas are correct. So do that what you think but remember that the decision you take should be correct because the time passed will never come again.If you do the postgraduate then go to the official website of the institution that you decide and fill up the form and pay for the application form.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?