30th March 2015, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Should I study M.A. in History to become an Archaeologist?

Hello Sir,
I am studying in B.A. History in final year.
I want to become an Archaeologist.
Please tell me for becoming an Archaeologist
I should study M.A. in History?

8th April 2015, 02:41 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Should I study M.A. in History to become an Archaeologist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am studying in B.A. History in final year.
I want to become an Archaeologist.
Please tell me for becoming an Archaeologist
I should study M.A. in History?
It is good to see that you are interested to become an Archaeologist. Yes, of course you can study M.A history in order to become an Archaeologist. However, it is mandatory that you should complete a PhD in History or PhD in Archaeology to become a Successful Archaeologist.

Steps to Become an Archaeologist:

Step 1:
- Applicants must complete a Graduation in History or equivalent qualification with at least 50% from a recognized university.

Step 2:
- Those candidates who have completed their Graduation in History need to apply for the Two years Diploma in History or M.Sc/M.A in History. The admission to the M.A/M.Sc History is based on the entrance exam performance.

Step 3:
- Those candidates who have successfully completed their Master Degree in History can apply for a PhD in Archaeology/History or the candidate can apply for the job in Private or Public sector.
8th April 2015, 07:56 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I study M.A. in History to become an Archaeologist?

You can become an archeologist if you have following eligibility criteria :

Candidate must have passed bachelor's degree in History/ Anthropology from a recognized university.

Candidate must have passed master's degree in History/ Anthropology from a recognized university with 55% marks.

If you have above mentioned qualification then you can become an archeologist but to become successful archeologist and conduct your own practicals and research, you need to continue your study and collect knowledge as much as possible.

To get more knowledge of such subject, you should go for PhD in History or Archeology then you will get the complete knowledge of this subject and once you gets PhD in History or Anthropology then nothing can stop you from being a successful archeologist and you will definitely find a golden path for your career.

It is quite long but not worthless because it is demanded all over the world so you must go for PG degree in History or choose Anthropology at PG level and study well.

Some best colleges for Anthropology Master's degree :

Don Bosco group of institutions.

Amity Institute of Anthropology

Andhra University

Some best institutes for MA in History :

Carmel College

CMS College - Kottyam

Dayananda college

Patna University

Tripura University

Barkatullah University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?