20th July 2016, 05:13 PM
thriveni bhavanma

Is there any entrance exam for M.Sc(Statistics) admission in Osmania University? Syllabus of M.Sc(Statistics)?

Hi,
I want to get admission for M.Sc Statistics course in Osmania University. Can you please tell me what is the syllabus for M.Sc Statistics in this university? And I have to give any entrance exam for the admission?

Related Questions:
  1. When the application form of M.Sc entrance exam will be carried out by Osmania University? Date of this entrance exam?
  2. Pattern and syllabus of Osmania University PhD entrance exam for admission in PhD in Commerce?
  3. What is the admission procedure for M.Phil from Osmania university?
  4. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study M.Com in Osmania University? Cutoff marks required to get admission?
  5. Which entrance exams are there for admission in M.Sc (maths)? -- [New]
  6. Syllabus of Ph.D entrance exam of Osmania University for Computer Science? How to prepare for it?
  7. Detailed information, eligibility criteria and syllabus of PhD(Computer Science) entrance exam conducted by Osmania University?
  8. What exam I need to write to do Ph.D in Osmania University?
  9. Is there any entrance exam for M.Sc(Statistics) admission in Osmania University? Syllabus of M.Sc(Statistics)?
  10. Syllabus of M.Tech(PGCET) exam of Osmania University? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Syllabus of Ph.D(Management) entrance exam conducted by JNTU and Osmania University?
  12. What is the syllabus for the entrance exam of Microbiology in Kakatiya, Osmania, JNTU and Palamuru University?
  13. What syllabus should I prepare for M.Com Entrance Exam of Osmania University?
  14. Am I eligible to study M.A.(English) in Osmania University being a graduate of IGNOU?
  15. What is the syllabus for MSc entrance exam? I am studying in degree final year(MSCS) from Osmania University
  16. What are the universities offering analytical chemistry?
  17. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD in Economics in Osmania University? Syllabus of the entrance exam?
  18. Information about entrance exam and syllabus for M.Sc Environmental Science and M.Sc Biochemistry of Osmania University?
29th July 2016, 03:03 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam for M.Sc(Statistics) admission in Osmania University? Syllabus of M.Sc(Statistics)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriveni bhavanma View Post
Hi,
I want to get admission for M.Sc Statistics course in Osmania University. Can you please tell me what is the syllabus for M.Sc Statistics in this university? And I have to give any entrance exam for the admission?

Yes, there is an entrance test called Osmania University Common Entrance Test (OUCET) is available for the admission to M.Sc (Statistics) course. The candidates should have studied Bachelor Degree in Mathematics or Statistics with 40% marks are eligible for the M.Sc Statistics course. The university website link is Click Here

The syllabus of M.Sc Statistics given below;

Semester I
Linear Algebra and Linear Models
Probability Theory
Distribution Theory and Estimation
Sampling Theory and Surveys
C++ Programming – Practical
Linear Algebra, Linear Models, Distribution Theory, Estimation and Sampling Theory

Semester II

-Statistical Inference
-Applied Regression Analysis
-Design of Experiments
-Data Analysis
-Statistical Inference and Applied Regression Analysis Practical
-Data Analysis and Design of Experiments Practical

Semester III

-Operations Research – I
-Reliability Theory
-Forecasting Models
-Statistical Process and QC
-Operations Research – I and Reliability Theory Practical
-Forecasting Models and Statistical Process and QC Practical

Semester IV

-Operations Research – II
-Applied Stochastic Processes
-Statistical Pattern Recognition
-Choice Based Paper
-Operations Research – II, Applied Stochastic Processes, Statistical Pattern Recognition and Choice Based Paper
-Practical with Statistical Package
1st September 2021, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam for M.Sc(Statistics) admission in Osmania University? Syllabus of M.Sc(Statistics)?

Hey
can u please tell me the syllabus for msc statistics entrance exam???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?