27th October 2014, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

What to do MCA or MBA after B.Sc in Computer science?

sir,
My name is Sreehari,
i have completed my graduation in bsc computer science and electronics.
now im planning to do my post graduation but im confused which to do... mca or mba???
parents and my surrounding are tellin me to go with mba...so can you help me out in this???

Related Questions:
  1. After BSc what can I do between MSc, MCA and MBA?
  2. Can I do MCA or MBA after studying BSc computer science
  3. How to apply for admission in CSJM university? I want private admission B.A II year in Kanpur University
  4. Career Options available in USA for Indian Dentists? Which course is better for me between Hospital Management and Oral Health Research?
  5. Which is a better option between MBA and MCA after BSc Computer Science? Will MBA after MCA provide me some extra opportunities?
  6. MBA or MCA after s.y.bsc computer science?
  7. When and how can I obtain NEET form?
  8. What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc?
  9. What to do MCA or MBA after B.Sc in Computer science? -- [New]
  10. How can I do Ph.D in Dravidian university? I've completed msw M.Phil
  11. When will I receive the admit card of SSC(LDC)?
  12. What to do after bsc in computer science? MSc or MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. When a student belongs to outside Maharashtra will get application form for Maharashtra CET exam? How may I get the application forms in Pune for the same?
  14. What to choose B.Sc(H) Computer Science or B.Sc(H) Maths at DU? Eligibility for MCA or Geophysics through IITJAM? What about MBA through IIMs?
  15. Which course is better for me between MBA and MCA being a candidate having completed B.Sc in Computer Science?
  16. Which is best between MBA and MCA? I am doing BSc computer science
  17. Am I eligible to do MS in computer science after finishing MCA or MBA? I have finished BSc Computer Science
  18. Which is the best option after T.Y. MCA or MBA? I am studying T.Y.BSc computer science
27th October 2014, 11:27 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What to do MCA or MBA after B.Sc in Computer science?

MCA and MBA are two different fields. MCA deals with software and information technology where as MBA deals with finance. Both courses give you good career opportunities. But I suggest you to go for Master of Computer Applications (MCA) as you have already had an idea in computer science.

Master degree is to improve our technical skills which we have in our graduation. So, as you have little knowledge in computer science, you can go for MCA. If you choose MBA, you need to start everything from the scratch. In order to do MCA, you need to appear for AIMCET (All India MCA Common Entrance Test).

Subjects included in MCA:

• Computer Organization
• Programming Languages and Algorithms
• Operating Systems
• Compiler Design
• Object Oriented Analysis and Design and more

AIMCET Exam Pattern:

It includes,

1) Mathematics - 100 questions
2) Computer Awareness - 40 questions
3) Analytical ability and Logical reasoning - 40 questions
4) General Awareness - 20 questions

Career Opportunities:

You can get in to any MNC like,

• Infosys
• TCS
• Accenture
• IBM
• D E Shaw India
• Intel and more
28th October 2014, 09:19 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
My name is Sreehari,
i have completed my graduation in bsc computer science and electronics.
now im planning to do my post graduation but im confused which to do... mca or mba???
parents and my surrounding are tellin me to go with mba...so can you help me out in this???
Both the MBA and MCA course having good scope in both the government and private sectors as well. You can select any one of the course based on your interest and future aspiration.
  • If you want to continue your career with same Computer Science field then you can choose MCA course.
  • If you are interested in Management specialization and want to change the specialization you can apply for MBA course.

Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The qualification needed for applying MBA includes a graduation in any discipline along with CAT/MAT /GMAT score card from a recognized university.

Master of Computer Application (MCA)
Graduation is the basic qualification required to apply for MCA course. The application and score good marks in entrance exam conducted by the respective university to get admission for MCA course.
23rd September 2017, 05:54 PM
spike.raghu

It is up to you, what you want. If you are interested in computers then go for MCA otherwise you can go for MBA. Choose your field of interest. And both the courses have good future, you don't need to worry about that atleast.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?